NJDuck

High and Tight -- Why 2 Injuries to Pac-12's Premier Position Could Determine Conference Race

Big time injury losses for Both Utah and OSU could be game changers for both teams.  Musgrave could have made the difference in that game against USC.  For Utah without Kuithe heading into future games?

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

The loss of the Pac-12's two top tight ends not only robs some fun from Saturday's big Utah/Oregon State game, but has big conference title ramifications.

• Thumbs Up 2

For Oregon State Nolan needed a big target to throw to and didn't have one. He forced some throws he shouldn't have and that resulted in 4 picks. I would certainly say that Oregon State without Musgrave is in deep trouble. They still have a solid run game but Nolan is not a good enough quarterback with these receivers, he needs a big target to bail him out and they don't have that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Huge loss for Utah.  I think it could be a game changer against the better teams.  The Ute receivers are very average and can struggle to get open against good secondaries, so losing your go to guy and a really strong team leader definitely impacts the conference race.

Not sure Utah will be able to make up for his production.  Will be interesting to see how they adjust against the Beavs.  Kincaid is still a tough matchup for most teams, but easier to adjust without Kuthie.  

I was pretty confident in Utah’s prospects after watching the Oregon game and the first half of the Utah game and the usc game - Not at all now.  

What about the "Next Man Up" ?

All teams suffer injuries (alas) and it's a lousy part of the game for every team.  Unless, of course, your team is an SEC powerhouse where the 'B' squad is > the A squad of most other college teams.  

Stanford is missing two starting O-linemen and their stud RB this Saturday.  What happens to O if Nix gets hurt?

fNix goes down?