Annie

Celebrating with Your Teammates

I've noticed that this year the majority, if not all, of the celebrations after a good play or score, have been with the Ducks celebrating with one another. I like this trend, and I'm sure it must be something Lanning emphasizes.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Very astute observation and I am sure Coach Lanning is quite pleased. The program is becoming more of a family.

This attitude also extends to feeling responsible when you blow a play or get a penalty. This is also why I surprised by the penalties last weekend.

I know I heard Lanning interested in hearing about why DJ got his penalty. That seemed like something was said to provoke him. This doesn't make the penalty ok, but it interesting Lanning spoke about wanting to know more about the back ground on how it happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

It definitely shows unity. Yes, one player might make a play. but almost always it's because the 11 other players were doing their jobs and contributed. The whole team can be happy about it for a moment, then it's time for the next play. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Loved watching Butterfield interact with Bo after the final whistle. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 1:40 PM, Haywarduck said:

I know I heard Lanning interested in hearing about why DJ got his penalty. That seemed like something was said to provoke him. This doesn't make the penalty ok, but it interesting Lanning spoke about wanting to know more about the back ground on how it happened.

When Lanning knows why someone committed a penalty, it must help him to know how to coach that  player to not make the penalty again.

Edited by Annie