The Kamikaze Kid

Ducks Move Up to No. 9, 10 in the Coaches/ AP Polls

Yeah, I saw that too.  Usually bye teams don't get so lucky but with all the top 10 teams losing yesterday, someone had to move up.  Plus, this sets up for a big Game Day matchup if Game Day decides to come to Eugene.

• Go Ducks! 1

Game day has announced that they are in fact coming to Eugene next week.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, Phunteratc said:

Game day has announced that they are in fact coming to Eugene next week.

Better get those forest fires put out then or the blimp might not be able to see the field 😶

(do they still do the blimp-thing in Oregon?)

BIG 10 and SEC hold the following Positions: #1,#2, #3, #4, #6, #7. Hmmmm.

I saw this also. But I don’t know who I would bump up above any of them. I thought OSU cowboys were worthy until this weeks game. I think the Ducks have more work to do inorder to earn one of those places. UCLA might have a claim, but again I need to see more then a home win against Utah.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

BIG 10 and SEC hold the following Positions: #1,#2, #3, #4, #6, #7. Hmmmm.

THAT is what frustrates me the most.  Georgia and Tennessee play on November 5th.  How far will either one drop??  Certainly not out of the top 10.  Bama plays Ol Miss in Nov 12th.  Who do you root for?  Bama to get a second loss or Ol Miss to get their first??

Of course, all these brain tickles imply that Oregon finishes with a single loss, so I guess focusing on what the Ducks can control is th most important.  Win out and they may have a legit chance at th CFP.

You will end up with a Big10 team with one loss (Michigan or Ohio State), a couple SEC teams with one loss, so it is certainly a possibility.  

But, UCLA comes first.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm beginning to hate AP. Way too much SEC bias. I'm not an expert, but the Coaches poll on ESPN is close to what I thouoght except UCLA and TCU switch.

Watching the Atlanta / Niners game and I am so glad to see that Mariota is finally getting the chance to show off his skills. 

On 10/16/2022 at 10:17 AM, Phunteratc said:

I saw this also. But I don’t know who I would bump up above any of them.

Agree, I would have Tennessee No.1, and I'm glad that Colin Cowherd's Kids are out of the Top 10.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, 30Duck said:

... I'm glad that Colin Cowherd's Kids are out of the Top 10.

Cowherd's kids?  T'would that be Penn State or someone else?  I'm curious about that one!

On 10/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, Mic said:

Cowherd's kids?  T'would that be Penn State or someone else?  I'm curious about that one!

That would be the USC Trojans, who Colin has been very positive about since hiring Riley.

Edited by 30Duck
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 4:51 PM, 30Duck said:

That would be the USC Trojans, who Colin is sure will start a dynasty in the next year or two. 

Good luck with that - in the B1G.

The biggest concern I have about USC & UCLA going out to the B1G (assuming Oregon doesn't) is in the field of recruiting.  On this team now Oregon has more recruits from California (33) than anywhere else, including Oregon (24).  That's a 1/3 of our team!

Will Oregon be able to continue picking off top recruits from SC and UCLA if they see those two teams in the same league as Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State etc?  

On 10/16/2022 at 5:13 PM, Mic said:

The biggest concern I have about USC & UCLA going out to the B1G (assuming Oregon doesn't) is in the field of recruiting.  On this team now Oregon has more recruits from California (33) than anywhere else, including Oregon (24).  That's a 1/3 of our team!

Will Oregon be able to continue picking off top recruits from SC and UCLA if they see those two teams in the same league as Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State etc?  

I think so. These kids want to play for championships. Neither LA schools have played for conf titles recently, nevermind national championships. 

I don't see either school playing for B1G titles any time soon. They can't even compete in the Pac over the past decades plus.

It might even help the Ducks. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 6:28 PM, Log Haulin said:

Uncle Phil could start up a preseason invitational at Sofi Stadium. Two top Pac teams challenge ACC, Big 12 even SEC teams. LA kids could still be well connected with the Ducks and the Pac. The UO and Knight are both outside the box thinking people/school. I would not bet against either getting the last laugh.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 6:28 PM, Log Haulin said:

It might even help the Ducks. 

I hope you're right.  There is this: if their families want to attend games and see them play, better they stay in the Pac.  How many families of these California kids can afford (or want) to get themselves out to the cold Midwest in October and November?