Charles Fischer

Mariota Trade: Are the Patriots a Good MATCH-UP?

Some may love this, but to me--Belichick will not utilize Marcus to his potential and I don't think it is a good match-up at all.  Pass please!

Marcus Mariota Drawing 'Legitimate and Real' Trade Interest per Reports by 247 Sports

Image result for Marcus Mariota Raiders twitter

Mr. FishDuck

I don't know. I think that if Belichick got Marcus to New England than he would scheme the offense to suit Marcus's strengths. 

If Marcus was the missing piece then maybe. Seems like NE is missing too many pieces for Marcus not to become another attempt to stop a death spiral for a once storied franchise.

I am not sure what happened to the franchise and their cap room, but they didn't have the players last year. If Belichick is able to put together a formidable roster then I could see a Marcus trade. I just don't want to see him become another guy expected to save a franchise.

Mariota is a unique talent and he is not a plug and play player (unless your offense is the Kelly-Helfrich offense). In the Raiders-Chargers game this year the offense was molded to fit Mariota better and Mariota was able to keep some drives alive with his legs. Mariota played pretty good in that game on the whole and looked like a real force out there to deal with. He was, however, let down by the Raiders defense that was destroyed by Herbert (good on Herbert).

If New England was willing to build their program around Mariota, and New England is looking at a bit of a rebuild, then it would be a good trade. If they are looking for a savior that they can just plug into the quarterback position and solve their problems... Mariota is not the player for that.