jrw

Are These the Good Old Days, Right Now?

I know the future is bright, but I ask myself if right now - this season - is a time we'll look back on and think, "Oh yeah, that was pretty great".

Bo Nix is playing superbly. Next year's QB will be...someone playing not nearly as well.

This OL is beyond good. Next year's OL will be...not nearly this good.

Yes, Ducks will still have have Kenny Dillingham, outstanding receivers, and a up-and-coming defense. But, I think it may be a couple of years - if then, who knows - before we see the likes of this team again.

Dillingham's brilliant design and play calling is working in a large part because of the talent and performance of Nix and the OL. Without them, I'm not sure it's the same happy deal we're seeing now. Dillingham is brilliant, but the players have to able to execute his play.

I guess what I'm saying is enjoy what's happening now for all it's worth. It's pretty cool. And, it doesn't happen that often, does it?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn right.  This feels magical, and it is so fun soaking it in each week.  So much drama, so much fun!  Just as we wistfully look back on 2010, 2012, and 2014....we could be doing the same toward this year my Duck-Brother. Completely agree.

How cool is that?

Autzen Crowd2 by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck

These days are absolutely awesome. Lanning has the UO brand back. That's all he'll need to keep it rolling.

I expect a portal tsunami heading our way. I expect some recruiting flips as well. This team looks fun, the coaches are cutting edge and the Ducks look poised to be in the national conversation once again.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

These times are pretty special for sure.

I’m sure our coaching staff will load this team up with some transfer athletes that will replace what we loose.

If we continue this streak there are a lot of players that will be willing to come here. The future is bright as I see it and next year could even be better.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I expect a step back next year with a new QB and O-line graduation but the following year could be awesome as I think the D will by then have the talent and depth to allow for DL’s scheme and be fairly nasty.  

This year the O is pretty crazy but by 2024 I think both sides of the ball are going to be really good

So, I think these days will be nostalgic but because it was the beginning of an awesome era

Edited by CalBear95