FishDuck Article

Ducks Squash Trap Game Fears in Win Over Golden Bears

The No. 9 Oregon Ducks‘ trip to the Bay Area this weekend to play the unranked California Golden Bears had all the makings of a midseason trap game. The Ducks (7-1, 5-0) had fallen victim to these types of matchups before, especially coming off a big win the previous week for ESPN Gameday. In 2009, Oregon was ranked No. 8 ...

FISHDUCK.COM

The No. 9 Oregon Ducks' trip to the Bay Area this weekend to play the unranked California Golden Bears had all the makings of a midseason trap...

• Thumbs Up 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Jordan, excellent recap of the game.  Coaches and players are truly taking it one game at a time.  

Hungry and humble as Dan Lanning said.

This was one of those games that while watching I was unimpressed with the play on the field. Just didn't pass the eye test. Ducks looked uninspired and out of focus.

Then I looked at the Box score and stat lines. It was "really, wow!" Over and over. On paper it was a pretty impresive win on the road.

This was a trap game without the loss. Ducks were all the things I mentioned above and still won by an impressive margin. Says a lot about the talent on this team.

Every top team in the country goes through these types of games through a season. I think they are necessary to the growth of a team. 

Ducks have experienced almost every type of game this year. A blow out loss and win, come from behind, top ten intense win, lack luster ugly win.

Looking at the totality of these 8 games, the Ducks are right on schedule. A lot of football to play, but If they somehow make the playoff, anything can happen and I like their chances.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

2 turnovers on downs at the goal line in the 1st quarter will sour one’s perception of the game no matter how great the stats and score look at the end. 

This is the pattern I see in games this season:

- stutter and make mistakes on offense but hold it together on defense in the 1st

- offense starts to figure it out in the 2nd

- total domination in the middle 8

- defense loses focus and lets the other team score late in 3rd / early in the 4th

- total domination the end of the 4th for the win

- solid special teams play throughout with a great special teams play dropped in somewhere for excitement

IMHO it makes for very entertaining and low-anxiety football—my favorite kind!!

• Like 1

The defensive response after the interception in the red zone changed the feel and direction of this game. The offense needed a defensive stop, and the defense needed the offense to get on track. 

Mission accomplished.

• Go Ducks! 1