Charles Fischer

Ponder Points: Anthony Brown Fiesta Bowl Highlights

My friends....look at all the plays of the Fiesta Bowl with Anthony Brown(Only 3.5 minutes is all)

The Bad: He certainly missed some throws, as do all QBs--but with more playing time?  What then?
The Ugly: He fumbled, and his receivers sure let him down a time or two...
The Good: There were a ton of good throws and QB runs, a lot to build on?

Thoughts?

We have a better chance to beat the Buckeyes with him than a newbie QB?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think that with an off-season under his belt with Coach Moorhead, he’ll be really good in the offense. Didn’t he arrive after spring ball was halted this past season?

Also there’s something that I spotted during the game that I really liked. It’s just a small part of one play, but watch the screen pass at 1:10. His body language doesn’t give away that it’s a screen at all. His drop and eyes make it seem like it’s a downfield pass until he throws it to the RB. 

The fumble I'm honestly not sure if it was an actual fumble. It feels like the refs were very quick to call it a fumble and then there weren't any good camera angles to give any difinitive evidence to over turn... Though it does look (with fan bias) than he was down before the ball came out. 

I do say let them play it out and see who comes out on top. I do believe that at this point Oregon does need a passer first and a runner second. Oregon must stretch the field vertically and the run game will be just fine. 

I found so many of the problems from the offensive collapse this season came when the quarterback forced a run rather than stayed patient for a pass.