FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Preview vs. the Huskies

Tomorrow, our Oregon Ducks football program will host the Huskies in Autzen for the fan-favorite rivalry game. However, this season’s a bit different. With a big win against the Huskies tomorrow, the Ducks would be in a prime position to take down Utah and have a chance to elevate to the top four teams in the nation. At this point....

FISHDUCK.COM

Tomorrow, our Oregon Ducks football program will host the Huskies in Autzen for the fan-favorite rivalry game. However, this season's a...

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Alex, your article covers all of the main reasons the Ducks will prevail against the huskies. One additional point is that the huskies defense is terrible. Teams, with less high profile players have had no trouble scoring a lot of points against the little dogs.

The huskies won 7 games because those teams couldnt score enough points. Just as uclasuck and ASU did the Ducks will score points and light up the scoreboard......

Truthfully, if Beavus had a passing attack they would have blown the huskies out of their own stadium.

Alex, while it may be telling to see OBD's come from behind in the 2nd half, well I sure hope we dont put ourselves in that position. At this point in the season the committee is looking for teams to dominate weaker opponents. IMHO, the huskies are a weaker opponent that the Ducks should dominate.

The huskies are a lot of other things but if i go there this post will get blocked and I would get a suspension. For certain.......

GO DUCKS! You can never score enough points against the leg lifting, academic prowessed, entitled, stench from the north to satisfy this old gray beard.

I too am not looking forward to any 2nd half comebacks.  WSU was enough and TCU is getting negative feedback on all of their comebacks.

Keep scoring in the 40's especially vs Utah and the Beavs as 1) those are pretty good D's, and 2) that seems to be a talking point with the committee and talking heads.

• Applause 1

Here I have to go with what Joey Harrington says.  Not 40 pts. 50 pts.

Now I'm not sure if anyone can score 50 against Utah (or OSU) but I think O can score 50 against UW if they can get UW off the field quick enough to give Bo & Co. the ball 8-9 times at least (2+ per qtr.). 

Right now, Oregon is averaging about 49 pts per game if you throw out the Georgia game.  50's doable for this team if Lanning really wants it. Will depend on what the defense can do to UW's offense.

Im a bit nervous as they have the best passing offense in the country and our pass D is ranked 130 plus.

If we give up 300 plus yards and a few explosion td passes it could be a very close game.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:23 PM, Duckhart said:

Im a bit nervous as they have the best passing offense in the country and our pass D is ranked 130 plus.

If we give up 300 plus yards and a few explosion td passes it could be a very close game.

That's right, their strength against O's weakness.  And vice versa: O's strength against theirs. The stuff legendary games are made of.  Lupoi's D gets the strongest test of the year so far. And they get their strongest test to see if they can slow down Bo Nix, Bucky Irving, Troy Franklin and our TE's.

GO DUCKS!