Quackanadian

Designed QB Runs

I suppose the recent risk of injuries to starting QBs without a serviceable back-up has not been shed to light on the current staff?

Herbert's clavicle and the lost season?

V Adam's concussion and the worse half time comeback/loss in recent bowl game memory?

I see how running Nix was working here and there in the game. But, while driving from the.1 yard line with your RBs making 5 yards a carry, maybe... just maybe... you stick with what is working Coach.

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

We all knew that if Nix went down, we were screwed which is exactly what happened there. 

KD got too cute with offense.  If KD intended for Nix to run that ball, he should have at least had his OL out front blocking.

Out coached tonight. Multiple questionable calls: 

onside kick

naked bootleg (and injury)

no time out on 4 down  

etc.

I have confidence they will learn and improve though

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2022 at 8:23 PM, DuckIt said:

We all knew that if Nix went down, we were screwed which is exactly what happened there. 

KD got too cute with offense.  If KD intended for Nix to run that ball, he should have at least had his OL out front blocking.

This was a great game to watch.  Both teams battling.  Little things to get right, defense needs to trust its players to do their job.  Not enough pressure on the QB to much depending upon slow DB's to catch great receivers with speed, YAC.  Lack of a good back up QB, coach, that is on you.  You was playing with fire and got burnt.  But man, this has been exciting watching the positives.  Keep your heads up, many did not think you would do this well.  Go Ducks, beat UTAH.  Catch that lightning in a bottle and finish strong.

• Thumbs Up 2

One glaring lost opportunity was lack of targets to our tight ends, 1 catch for 4 yards. Puzzling for sure.

• Applause 1

I would of liked to have seen TT keep the ball on the 4th down handoff to Noah. 

Every replay I watched had the Huskies completely diving into the middle of the line leaving the left edge open for a big strong quarterback. 

Very easy to second guess though! 

Just bummed out but know we need to move on and get ready for Utah. 

• Thumbs Up 2