Pennsylvania Duck

WATCH: Dan Lanning Postgame Press Conference | Washington

Everything Dan Lanning said following No. 6 Oregon's loss to No. 25 Washington--Transcript

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning met with the media following Oregon's loss to No. 25 Washington.  Here is a complete...

• Like 1

Disappointing....I expect more from DL.

Kicking the onside kick was a terrible, arrogant play call.  Ever since the Ducks pulled off the first onside kick, all the Pac-12 teams have been watching for it when playing the Ducks.  Then Cal executes their own against SUC and all the Pac-12 teams are put on alert.

And I thought CK and MariØ were aggressive.  DL is taking it to a whole another level, right into the category of reckless.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He’s still a new head coach who has a lot to learn. Still glad to have him. Nix getting injured was the turning point. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

8-2 and a shot at the conf championship. Lanning is a first year HC. I am not going to run him over for taking a second loss.

His biggest mistake was not calling timeout to get Nix back in on that fourth down. Lanning will learn from it.

Man that D was horrible. At this point of the season it ain't getting any better.

It's still a great season. Lanning will get Ducks highly competitive for years to come. Just sucks that loss two came from fusky in Autzen. 

On 11/12/2022 at 7:20 PM, Log Haulin said:

Just sucks that loss two came from fusky in Autzen. 

It really sucks that Ducks had to do it in front of all those 5-star recruits. Although, I think having those recruits at the game, can sometimes serve more as a distraction than add to the excitement.  It puts undue pressure on a team to perform.

Can you imagine all the work and hours that DL and Co. had to put in, just to get these recruits out to Eugene?  That's why I question where DL's focus was this week.  His time might have been better spent preparing for this game.

It reminds me when PK flew in LeBron and bunch of celebrity athletes to Eugene, and the Ducks laid an egg at home against SUC?  It came down to a missed FG by Maldonado.  That game had a very similar feel to this one, with playoff implications and ending, with the Ducks choking.

Taking the loss will have no effect on recruiting. The atmosphere will and it was electric  

• Thumbs Up 2

I like our coach and the way he handles himself even after a tough loss. Some things could definitely have been done better especially with the benefit of hindsight. I think the Ducks will come out and play a great game against Utah and get the train back on the track towards the P12 Championship.