spartan2785

I Have Serious Concerns About the Coaches

I appreciate that Lanning is a first year head coach, I appreciate the fact that in general it's good to try to be aggressive where you can, but these past two losses have been madness.  I'm more concerned that Lanning isn't learning, you can not have your last 3 drives end on downs when you have been up the entire game, you just can't. 

You can't expect to run the ball 3 times down inside the 5 when you haven't shown the ability to do that consistently, taking the ball out of your best players' hands.  This game just screamed hubris, and that's very very concerning.  I'm also concerned that we never seemed to make any adjustment on defense in the second half, it was just bad football.  

This was an all-time choke job and it was on the coaches making horrible play calls, no adjustments mid game, and a general inability to learn from past mistakes.

• Applause 1

Looks like Dilly is going to ASU.

Must have been in negotians starting the 4th qtr, who knows maybe he had already left the stadium?

• Haha 1

A few tips for Lanning:  1.  Don't gamble so much.  how often have your gambles paid off this season? Just stop it.  2.  I think there is something seriously wrong with the defensive coaching staff.  There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball and yet the defense is not good. And I agree with the comment above that adjustments should have been made today--focus more on stopping the run throughout.  

3.  I am amazed that Dillingham used the "Nix alone in the backfield formation" so much after Nix was hurt and was no longer a threat to run.  Two reasons:  first, it tells the other team they can be sure a pass play is coming.  Second, there is no running back to protect Nix if the rush gets through.  That said, this formation seemed to be productive, at least in the first half against Utah and most of the game against OSU.  

Maybe someone would be kind  enough to explain why?  4. Near the goal line misdirection is critical.  Football coaches always seem to want to prove their team has the biggest balls.  Pound it in.  Amazes me how frequently this happens and doesn't work.  The speed option is a good play near the goal line, so are several zone read plays--but of course not when your qb is hurt.

There was so many failures this game it’s hard to put a finger on one.

The most glaring is the ars kicking both of our lines got in the 4th qtr. Mind boggling for sure.

How can you loose to a team with a high school QB. The Ducks knew OS wasn’t going to throw and we still couldn’t stop the run. What were our linebackers doing. Answer, nothing in the 4th.

Here we go again trying to keep coaches that can’t coach. Been going on for a while now.

This was even more painful than the Wash loss. 

These coaches obviously don’t understand the rivalry games the Ducks are in and lost both because of it. One at home the other with a huge lead late in the game.

Depressing end to what could of been a Cinderella season for DL

On 11/26/2022 at 5:14 PM, LADuck said:
BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Oregon Ducks offensive coordinator Kenny

They don't stick around long these days!

Not sure I’m sorry to hear this. His play calling got easier to defend later in the season. Same plays over and over.

This is the type of loss that gets coaches fired. Not saying we should fire Lanning (if this was his 3rd+ season then I’d say that) but Oregon’s defensive coaches have to go. If you don’t have the players to play your scheme, then play a scheme where they can succeed. 

• Applause 1

The Special Teams were a huge reason for this loss. Not only the fumbled punt. But, Hudson's two errors on kick returns left us with very long fields. If we're replacing one coordinator... we may as well replace our special teams coordinator as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2022 at 7:12 PM, DUCati855 said:

But, Hudson's two errors on kick returns left us with very long fields. 

An offensive player with a history of questionable decisions.  Isn't that who Mario chewed out on TV?  Lanning had a barb about him in one of his press conferences.  

Was he distracted by a coaching change?

Hutson with a T

Kris Hutson

• Position

Wide Receiver
  • Height

5-11
  • Weight

• Class

Sophomore
  • Hometown

Compton, Calif.