Pennsylvania Duck

What Bowl Game Might Oregon Play?

Updated Bowl Projections for Oregon

Oregon meanwhile now waits to see where they will play in the postseason. 

There are a few options on the table.

Here is a look at some of the projections from various outlets.

WWW.ON3.COM

Here is a look at most of the updated bowl projections including where Oregon could land in December and potential opponents.

Utah was able to back into the championship game, but if they lose then they will have 3 conference losses. Might that bump them below uw and Oregon? I have no idea. That’s up to the respective selection committees.

Bowl Projection Round-Up: USC to CFP? Washington to Rose Bowl? Where does Oregon fall?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

How bad is Oregon’s bowl outlook following the loss to Oregon State? Duck fans may not want to find out.

They seem a "natural" for another Alamo Bowl.  I think that was the one they had the huge, insurmountable lead and lost the game in the 2nd Half, wasn't it?:  Yeah, a good choice perhaps.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mic said:

They seem a "natural" for another Alamo Bowl.  I think that was the one they had the huge, insurmountable lead and lost the game in the 2nd Half, wasn't it?:  Yeah, a good choice perhaps.

Alamo will be the best case scenario, and I don't see that happening. Most likely it's going to be the Holiday Bowl.

Edited by 2002duck

Do the lower Bowls even matter anymore? How many players will opt out? Will it it be on a prime time or a work day? Will it become a positive recruiting tool or negative?

On 11/27/2022 at 6:20 PM, 2002duck said:

Alamo will be the best case scenario, and I don't see that happening. Most likely it's going to be the Holiday Bowl.

Holiday Bowl perhaps, yes. 

I was speaking factiously about the Alamo Bowl where, in 2016, Oregon lost to TCU after a huge half-time lead (31-0) they fell off the tracks and ended up losing in O.T.  Sorta reminiscent of Saturday's 4th qtr meltdown.  Almost incomprehensible.

Holiday Bowl vs Notre Dame

• Wow 1

On 11/28/2022 at 11:28 PM, DiscoDuck said:

Holiday Bowl vs Notre Dame

That would be an interesting matchup.

Pac 12 Bowl Games (My prediction for which team will go to the bowl is first in line)  

Rose Bowl Pac 12 winner                              (USC/Utah)

New year 6 Bowl Top 12 ranking                  (Washington/USC)

Alamo Bowl #2                                                (Utah/Washington)

Holiday Bowl #3                                              (UO/OSU/UCLA)

Vegas Bowl #4/5                                             (UCLA/OSU/UO)

Sun Bowl #4/5                                                 (OSU/UCLA)

Los Angeles/Jimmy Kimmel Bowl #6          (WSU)

OSU is notorious for being a terrible traveling team, so that is why I have them going to the Sun Bowl.  However, maybe the Holiday Bowl goes with the feel-good story and takes them.  After the Alamo bowl game, the bowls can choose teams if they are within 1 loss of each other in the Pac 12 standings.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:24 AM, Tandaian said:

Los Angeles/Jimmy Kimmel Bowl #6          (WSU)

Is there really such a bowl as the 'Jimmy Kimmel' bowl?  I never knew there was a bowl named for a person before.  Weird.  Isn't he a comedian or something?