Pennsylvania Duck

Coaching Changes

Matt Rhule is putting Nebraska's coaching staff in order...

Marcus Satterfield (South Carolina OC) Leaves For Nebraska

WWW.MSN.COM

According to ESPN's Pete Thamel, offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield is leaving South Carolina and will join Nebraska and...

Matt Rhule's first Nebraska staff could include pair of SEC offensive coordinators

FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

Jake Peetz, Marcus Satterfield among top choices to join Cornhuskers, sources tell FootballScoop

Satterfield had two good games this year. I went to the USC/Mizzou game and their offense scored 10 points at home. I don’t see Nebraska improving that much next season.

College Football Head Coach Vacancies: Predicting the next hires for every Power Five opening

Most interesting prediction on this listing: Chris Petersen at Stanford?

WWW.PFF.COM

From Auburn to Georgia Tech, here's who could be leading the Power Five schools in need of new head coaches for 2023 and...

However, the All Cardinal site has a totally different take...

WWW.SI.COM

There are tons of names being thrown around for the Stanford opening

The one hire I'm waiting for is the hire for Oregon's new O.C.  Preferably someone that other coaches around the country whisper "oh-oh" under their collective breaths.  I have NO idea whom that would be but he's out there, somewhere, waiting for a call.

Edited by Mic
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Sure seemed like Dilly was making, or thinking about making this call when we were up by 21 last Saturday. I only wish we had coaches who could show the focus Lanning had while still coaching at Georgia and taking over the Oregon job.

Loved Dilly while he was here, but once his foot was one step out the door it seemed we didn't have the same OC.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, Haywarduck said:

Sure seemed like Dilly was making, or thinking about making this call when we were up by 21 last Saturday. I only wish we had coaches who could show the focus Lanning had while still coaching at Georgia and taking over the Oregon job.

Loved Dilly while he was here, but once his foot was one step out the door it seemed we didn't have the same OC.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Though I don't share the sentiments some of my friends are thinking Dilly might have told the team he was leaving for ASU during  Halftime.  I think that pretty unlikely - but I do understand why they might be thinking that given how things fell apart in the 4th qtr.  Something happened but then so did something in the 2016 Alamo Bowl when an even worse collapse occurred.  Two ugly stains on Oregon's shinning program.

My instincts lead me to believe that the players found out that Dilly was gone early on in the 4th quarter.

The offense  suddenly went vanilla and thru the motions. The talent didnt just disappear the motivation left the building.

The defense suddenly had players missing assignments and maybe a distracted DC couldnt remember to put 8 in the box to continue to stop the run.

No facts to back this up but something changed during the 4 minute commercial break. 

On 11/29/2022 at 7:56 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

My instincts lead me to believe that the players found out that Dilly was gone early on in the 4th quarter.

It's always possible I suppose but it seems unlikely to me.  What seems more possible is that he may have been involved in a furious round of negotiating during the 2nd Half with ASU (over the phone and text messaging) and deferred play calling to someone else while he attended to business.  If that ever proves true it would probably change the way I feel about him forever.  It would be him abandoning his team and players at a terrible time.  

This is why I don't think it's true.  This is why I hope it isn't true. 

• Yikes! 1