Pennsylvania Duck

CFB Playoff Rankings: Top 25

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The penultimate top 25 rankings of the 2022 season have arrived from the CFP Selection Committee

I'm not a fan of Clemson dropping only 1 spot after losing at home to a previously unranked team.  The Ducks drop 7 spots losing on the road to a ranked team.  Ducks are where they belong in the rankings, but Clemson certainly doesn't belong at 9.

The two things that stand out for me are:  1) Finally Oregon State gets its due, and:  2) USC above Ohio St?  No, I don't think so.  Not imo. 

This is likely a sports-version of a politically-correct move to facilitate USC's move to the B1G and to generate a West Coast audience for the Playoff system,  Question: does anyone here think that if USC and Ohio State were matched in a game this weekend USC would be the favorite to win it?   I'm serious about asking this question.

I'm not opposed to USC getting the 4th slot (cause I'm tired of seeing the Big10 and SEC dominate it) but USC will be hard pressed to beat UTAH Friday.  Even if they do ... 4th in the Nation?

With the pass defense OSU showed on Saturday Caleb Williams would have a field day. I think USC would have won that day.   Most other days I would give the edge to OSU

• Thanks 1