Pennsylvania Duck

Quaaack! Ducks Add 25th Commit for 2023, A Punter...Luke Dunne

This is our 25th commitment for the 2023 class.

I haven't been able to find further info on Luke Dunne as a punter...Will keep looking

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I was wondering why I couldn't find any info on Luke Dunne.

Per Justin Hopkins: Oregon has landed an Australian punter on full scholarship.

• Thanks 1

Oregon secures commitment from 2023 P Luke Dunne

After a season of ups and downs from its special teams unit, Oregon hopes they have found

the punter of the future in Dunne, who will become the 25th member of the 2023 class. 

There are some unknowns about Dunne, but he does kick for ProKick Australia, the same program

that former Duck Tom Snee went through before coming to Eugene. 

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's special teams added another member to its unit as punter Luke Dunne from Australia committed to the Ducks on Tuesday...
  • Thanks 1

Australia, the land of “out behind the back of beyond”. Welcome mate!

I’m glad Oregon recruited a punter. Poor punting proved critical in Oregon’s loss to Oregon State. That said, it would be nice to have a little more information on Luke Dunne.

I'll bet he's good. Aussie punters practice trying to drop a kick next to the Joey in their Jill's couch from 50 meters away. Good on ya, mate!

• Haha 2

A good to great punter for 4 years is well worth a scholarship. Welcome Luke Dunne and good luck! Get your kicks!

Great news! After this season, it was evident that Oregon needed a punter or two. I can’t wait to see what Luke’s got. 

It’s funny, punter is one position that none of us or even the coaches ever hope to see on the field. No offense to Luke, I hope he booms them high and far in practice and pregame, but hopefully we won’t see him on the field during games because Oregon won’t need to punt in the 4-5 years he is in Eugene!

Edited by OregonDucks
Expand