Pennsylvania Duck

Basketball NIL: Frustration, Jealousy, Late NIL Payments, Unkept Promises

The NIL problems below relate to basketball, but could very well relate to other sports, are brought out in this tweet

and further elaborated on in the article. The issues showing up are not a surprise, as I even remember some of them

brought up on this forum. Now we're seeing it for real...

FRUSTRATION AND JEALOUSY BOILS AMONGST TOP COLLEGE BASKETBALL

PROGRAMS AS LATE NIL PAYMENTS, UNKEPT PROMISES STACK UP

WWW.OUTKICK.COM

As NIL continues to create a whole new landscape of college basketball, players are growing frustrated with false promises...

Oh, we knew this was coming....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Shocked, really just shocked! The whole thing was so well planned out, how did it go wrong?

giphy.gif

An unregulated NIL collective, probably set up to shield the founders from any financial responsibility, isn't meeting their obligations?  I'm as shocked as Hayward.  Many athletes will learn a bitter lesson way to early in life.

I wish I could feel bad for these players. It just goes to show that they should pick a school for reasons other than simply how much NIL they are going to receive. 

I hope that Lanning and company recruit players that want to be at OREGON and are not just the highest bidder.  Our NIL deals have to be competitive but it’s dangerous to just try to outbid other programs for recruits, as ATM is discovering. 

• Thumbs Up 1