Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: Bo Nix, Dante Moore, A Swirling Pac-12 Picture

The story behind those edits we all see.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

The story behind those edits we all see.

UCLA might have him now but after they fall on their butt next season O will get him back in the Transfer portal.  😆

On 12/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mic said:

UCLA might have him now but after they fall on their butt next season O will get him back in the Transfer portal.  😆

...but not if there is someone better out there.

If Moore is going to play for Oregon, he is going to have to learn how and when to pull the ball and run for daylight.

On 12/19/2022 at 5:17 PM, Jon Sousa said:

...but not if there is someone better out there.

If Moore is going to play for Oregon, he is going to have to learn how and when to pull the ball and run for daylight.

Frankly Jon, I'm not really disappointed about losing him to UCLA.  We have our own 5* QB sitting right here in Eugene and he's never panned out - at least not yet.  5*'s means some scouts think the potential is there.  It doesn't mean that it is.  If Donte Moore turns out to be Heisman material, we'll all lament "what might have been".  If he doesn't, we'll forget all about him.   Time to move on to the next prospect.  And we still have a legit Heisman candidate in Bo Nix.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, Mic said:

Frankly Jon, I'm not really disappointed about losing him to UCLA.  We have our own 5* QB sitting right here in Eugene and he's never panned out - at least not yet.  5*'s means some scouts think the potential is there.  It doesn't mean that it is.  If Donte Moore turns out to be Heisman material, we'll all lament "what might have been".  If he doesn't, we'll forget all about him.   Time to move on to the next prospect.  And we still have a legit Heisman candidate in Bo Nix.

TT is still only an RF, next year a Soph. I am guilty of expectation that Thompson should be ready to go last year. Yet I roll my eyes at the Idea that Moore expects to be ready to go coming in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, Log Haulin said:

TT is still only an RF, next year a Soph. I am guilty of expectation that Thompson should be ready to go last year. Yet I roll my eyes at the Idea that Moore expects to be ready to go coming in. 

Well, some kids are.  You remember how Bo Nix looked the first year he played at Auburn.  It's one of those mysteries of Life why some players do well and some do not given seemingly equal amounts of talent.  It might be what's between the ears that really matters.  Bo had it.  TT didn't.  At least, not yet.

Edited by Mic

On 12/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, Mic said:

Well, some kids are.  You remember how Bo Nix looked the first year he played at Auburn.  It's one of those mysteries of Life why some players do well and some do not given seemingly equal amounts of talent.  It might be what's between the ears that really matters.  Bo had it.  TT didn't.  At least, not yet.

I agree, Stetson Bennett seems to be one of those that got better with time. Joe Burrow also comes to mind. TT could very well become a great player. Time will tell. He does have a great player to learn from, that should help.

• Thumbs Up 2