Pennsylvania Duck

2024 Football Recruits...Announcements, Updates (#1)

Greg Biggins identifies nine 2024 California prospects Oregon fans should know

Oregon's 2024 recruiting efforts are off to a fine start. With five verbal commitments already in hand, the class ranks eighth nationally.

Biggins noted that the state of California is loaded with quality wide receiver prospects in 2024.

The recruiting analyst also provided a list of California prospects in 2024 Oregon fans should be aware of. Here are nine uncommitted prospects to know.

247SPORTS.COM

Greg Biggins identifies nine 2024 California prospects Oregon fans should know

The Oregon Ducks are staying active on the recruiting trail, and they got good news this past week, landing among the top schools for one of the top safeties in the northeast.

4-star Jaylen McClain, the No. 21 safety and No. 242 overall player in the 2024 class recently cut his recruiting list down to 10 schools, with the Ducks listed among teams like Georgia, Michigan, USC, Penn State, and several others.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star safety Jaylen McClain lists Ducks among top schools

Jaxson Jones is blowing up on the recruiting trail, but he’s locked in with the Ducks.

A former Washington commit who quickly flipped to Oregon after a visit to Eugene, Jones told Ducks Digest’s Max Torres that he’s firmly committed to Oregon as part of the 2024 class. He plans to sign during the Early Signing Period in December and enroll early.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

One of Oregon's 2024 commits re-affirmed his pledge to the Ducks on Saturday.

• Whew! 1

New 5* recruits in class of 2024

Rivals Rankings Week: Five-Star Countdown for 2024

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The 2024 class is on the clock and today we started another Rivals Rankings Week by counting down the 17 five-stars.

Recruiting Rumor Mill: Busy spring ahead

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Four-star T.A. Cunningham is planning a visit to ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC programs this fall.

Four-Star OL Brandon Baker talks new offer from Notre Dame, upcoming visits

“Notre Dame just reached out last week,” Baker said. “It was actually one of my coaches who asked me if I had interest in them and I said I did and then he reached out to them.

Another coaching change at the OL position could play a factor in Baker’s decision moving forward. We always felt Oregon was arguably the team to beat for Baker, largely due to his relationship with former coach Adrian Klemm. Last week, Klemm left the Ducks for the New England Patriots.

“That was kind of a shocker for me,” Baker said. “ We had talked and I didn’t think he was going to leave. Then I think he just got an offer that was too good to pass up, something he couldn’t refuse so I totally get it. I still like Oregon a lot and I’ve been communicating with coach Lanning.

247SPORTS.COM

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei junior offensive lineman Brandon Baker picked up a scholarship offer from Notre Dame earlier...

Thanks for this PA Duck and thanks also to Charles for sharing the Rivals information.

4-star CB Ify Obidegwu puts Oregon among top schools

To start the week, 4-star CB Ify Obidegwu announced his top seven schools, with the Ducks staying in the mix alongside some of the top schools in the nation, including Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC.

Obidegwu is rated by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 15 CB and No. 158 overall player in the 2024 class.

The Ducks extended an offer to Obidegwu last fall, and the 4-star Maryland product took an unofficial visit to Eugene earlier this year in January before the 2023 signing day.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks landed among the top schools for 4-star CB Ify Obidegwu.

Cali '24 WR Kwazi Gilmer has seen his stock take off this off-season

The crop of wide receivers in the California 2024 class is one of the strongest in recent memory and West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade’s Kwazi Gilmer is yet another exciting national level prospect.

At 6-2, 180 pounds, he has a long, athletic frame, with high level body control and the speed to get behind a secondary. His explosiveness really shows up in the return game. He’s natural catching the football as well, with the ability to win 50-50 and jump balls against opposing corners.

Growing up, Gilmer said Oregon was the childhood favorite and he was able to visit last season when the Ducks hosted Utah.

“I’ve been to Oregon games before because I’m actually from Oregon,” Gilmer said. “I still have a lot of family there but it was cool to watch the game as a recruit this time around and that atmosphere is incredible.

247SPORTS.COM

The crop of wide receivers in the California ’24 class is one of the strongest in recent memory and West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade’s...

247Sports Info (No Rivals found)

Videos from last season (I had problems loading the first one, but the others were ok).

You can also see recent stats, etc. Just click on the topic.

WWW.MAXPREPS.COM

Watch this highlight video of Kwazi Gilmer of the Chaminade (West Hills, CA) football team in its game Citrus Valley High School on...

Oregon Continues Push Into Texas After RB James Peoples

The Ducks signed two strong running back recruits in 2023 and have some elite options in 2024. 

The No. 6 running back in the country spoke with Ducks Digest as he weighs his options and plans out what's next in his recruitment.

Peoples has more than 20 scholarship offers but feels like he has a good handle on which schools are sticking out.

"The process it does get a little stressful. I'm really grateful for it all but in my mind I think I already had an idea of the schools that I knew I was really looking at, really locked in on."

Read about James Peoples' recruitment at Ducks Digest.

247 Sports Info (no ranking on Rivals)

WATCH: Hudl Highlights

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch James Peoples's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Veterans Memorial - Boys' Varsity Football / RB / Class of 2024 /...

The Latest in Cameron Jones' Booming Recruitment

2024 Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco running back Cameron Jones is one of the hottest running back recruits on the West Coast right now. In January alone, the 6-foot-2, 225-pound bruising back landed seven new offers and spoke with Ducks Digest about the latest in his recruitment.

He made it out to Eugene last month and was able to take a more in-depth look at the program compared to when his team played a game at Autzen during the football season.

"I had really learned a lot in that span of like 10-15 minutes that I had with Coach Locklyn, it was a lot that I had learned. He had me break down the film that I had watched and he'll show me like the whole other way or the correct way of doing it. He for sure added some skills to my toolbox for that."

Click here to read about Cameron Jones' recruitment in Ducks Digest.

247Sports Info (no Rivals)

WATCH Hudl Highlights

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch Cameron Jones's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: St. John Bosco High School - Boys Varsity Football / RB / Class...

On 2/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

4-star CB Ify Obidegwu puts Oregon among top schools

To start the week, 4-star CB Ify Obidegwu announced his top seven schools, with the Ducks staying in the mix alongside some of the top schools in the nation, including Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC.

Obidegwu is rated by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 15 CB and No. 158 overall player in the 2024 class.

The Ducks extended an offer to Obidegwu last fall, and the 4-star Maryland product took an unofficial visit to Eugene earlier this year in January before the 2023 signing day.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks landed among the top schools for 4-star CB Ify Obidegwu.

Where are the DL 4 and 5 stars?

Rivals Rankings Week: Breaking down the 2024 RBs

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Kameron Davis holds the top spot - for now. He's coming off an impressive junior season

Oregon, USC set to do battle for numerous top 2024 prospects

For the better part of the last 15 years, the Ducks and Trojans have dominated recruiting in the state of California, regularly going toe-to-toe over some of its top prospects.

And with two elite recruiters leading both programs, that isn’t going to change — even when their conference affiliations do. In the 2023 cycle, Oregon got the best of their southern rivals, plucking four-stars Rodrick Pleasant and Matayo Uiagalelei from USC’s backyard at the end of the year.

Will it be more of the same in 2024, or will Lincoln Riley and Co. lock down the borders and keep a very good class at home?

As the battles heat up, let’s take a look at five recruitments to keep an eye on.

WWW.ON3.COM

Oregon and USC will be battling again for some of the top 2024 prospects in California and along the West Coast.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:03 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Where are the DL 4 and 5 stars?

Rivals in process of posting rankings for 2024 class. The first 5* list was just issued last week and posted above. Here is info about Duck verbals.

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

KJ Bolden - 2024 5 Star Athlete for Buford (Buford, GA) on Rivals.com

Hudl Highlights

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch KJ Bolden's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Buford High School - Boys Varsity Football / WR, SS / Class of 2024 / Buford, GA

Big Oregon target...Click on tweet to see his Hudl film

Davhon Keys, 4-star Texas linebacker, receives Oregon Ducks offer, planning visit

Rivals four-star linebacker Davhon Keys plans to visit Oregon this spring

FpcVW0ZagAA4ZQP?format=jpg&name=medium

https://t.co/riKYozUBkA

Oregon Football Recruiting 2024 Hot Board: Running Back

BY MAX TORRES SPORTS ILLUSTRATED OREGON DUCKS NEWS, ANALYSIS AND MORE

05988fa6-7533-4467-b58e-ffb4f3ff2d6f

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article272561461.html#storylink=rss

Rivals250 ATH Boo Carter discusses top five, upcoming spring visits

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The 2024 prospects discusses his recent visit to Colorado and upcoming spring visits to Alabama and Miami.

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Max Anderson - 2024 4 Star Offensive tackle for Rick Reedy High School (Frisco, TX) on Rivals.com

Hudl Highlights

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch Max Anderson's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Rick Reedy High School - Varsity Football / T / Class of 2024 /...

Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen offensive lineman Fox Crader hasn't backed away from his commitment to Oregon.

Not in the least.

But, he did acknowledge he was surprised at the departure of offensive line coach Adrian Klemm to the NFL.

"I'm not going to lie, that one hurt," said Crader. "He had told me he was going to let me know, he made 3-5 visits to my school to keep me in the loop and I actually thought he wasn’t going. He never said he wasn't and in my head it kind of sounded like he was really serious about it but but obviously I was hoping he was going to stay. So that one hurt a little bit."

Crader has talked with head coach Dan Lanning numerous times since the departure of Klemm and he's looking forward to meeting new offensive line coach A'Lique Terry.

247SPORTS.COM

Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen offensive lineman Fox Crader talked about his reaction to the departure of the offensive line coach at Oregon, where he's committed...

Every QB that the Ducks have offered in 2024 recruiting class

We are currently in a recruiting dead period, where in-person contact between recruits and coaches is not permitted. However, starting on March 1, we enter a quiet period, where visits can take place once again. We already know of a few visits that are going to take place in the coming months for Oregon, and as we get closer to the Ducks’ Spring Game on April 29, there will undoubtedly be more announced.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks have a lot of QB options in 2024, but they will need to add a prep guy in the 2024 class. Here’s who they’ve offered so far.

Four-Star OT Blake Frazier Visiting Oregon

Oregon’s launch into the lone-star state continues with Vandegrift (Texas) offensive tackle Blake Frazier.

The 6-foot-5, 260-pounder announced on social media he would visit Oregon on March 14-17. He will follow up that visit to Michigan on March 17-20.

Frazier is the nation’s No. 172 ranked player in the On3 Consensus Rankings. He is the No. 10 ranked offensive tackle.

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Blake Frazier - 2024 4 Star Offensive tackle for Vandegrift (Austin, TX) on Rivals.com

Hudl Highlights

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch Blake Frazier's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Vandegrift High School - Boys Varsity Football / T / Class of 2024 / Austin, TX

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star ATH Aaron Butler has put the Ducks among his top schools after decommitting from USC in January.

Oregon Set to Host Texas OT Blake Frazier

Frazier is a top offensive linemen nationally and was offered by the Ducks in January.

We're in the last week of the February dead period, which means that visits will ramp up again in the near future.

Dan Lanning and the Oregon Ducks have laid a strong foundation and are ready to capitalize in 2024.

0c617cef-d778-4ac3-b6c2-2cbaf5e30add

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article272583776.html#storylink=rss

Four-Star WR Jordan Ross' recruitment has Pac-12 feel

Downey (Calif.) Warren junior wide out Jordan Ross battled through injuries last season but looked fully healthy over the weekend and is among the top receiver prospects out West.

He’s a dynamic athlete and opened a lot of eyes on the national circuit at last summers loaded Overtime OT7 event in Las Vegas.

He got easy separation all tournament long and was among the most explosive pass catchers in the event. He was getting open down the field, has natural pass catching skills and made multiple acrobatic catches as well.

247SPORTS.COM

Downey (Calif.) Warren junior wide out Jordan Ross battled through injuries last season but looked fully healthy over the...

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Jordan Ross - 2024 4 Star Athlete for Warren (Downey, CA) on Rivals.com

On 2/23/2023 at 8:33 AM, Haywarduck said:

And who grew up just down the road from Williams Nwaneri, anyone, anyone?

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Isaiah Garcia - 2024 3 Star Offensive tackle for Cyprus (Magna, UT) on Rivals.com

Hudl Highlights

WWW.HUDL.COM

Watch Isaiah (Ike) Garcia's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Cyprus High School - Cyprus Varsity Football / T / Class of...

Fox Crader is a Duck Commit but when Klemm left, other schools have been busy with offers...He is big Duck target.

The Oregon Ducks have had a strong start to the 2024 recruiting cycle, with the No. 8 class already in the 247Sports national rankings. There’s a good chance that it’s going to get even better, with a recent ratings boost for one commit, and one primary target coming down the pipeline over the last week.

According to the On3 rankings, Oregon OT Fox Crader received a nice boost in the national rankings. The 4-star prospect has moved up to No. 72 overall in the 2024 class, when he was previously ranked at No. 146, per On3. Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, Crader is listed as the No. 315 player in the nation.

As for Justin Williams, a 4-star LB who is currently favored to land with the Ducks according to 247Sports’ Crystal Ball Predictions, a big jump in the rankings was seen as well. Williams is all the way up to No. 39 per On3’s rankings, where he previously sat at No. 103.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon commit Fox Crader and primary Ducks LB target receive ratings boosts

An Early Look at Oregon Football's Recruiting Needs in 2024: Offense

For the most part, the dust has settled on the recruiting trail with the class of 2023. 

The Oregon Ducks were able to sign some big names from the senior class including wide receiver Jurrion Dickey, edge rusher Matayo Uiagalelei and cornerback Rodrick Pleasant--just to name a few. 

Now it's onto the 2024 class. Today we're evaluating Oregon's offensive needs based off of what we project the roster to look like after next season.

Click here to read about needs on the offense in 2024 at Ducks Digest

Fox Crader is moving up, but it is quite interesting that out of five commits--he is the only 3-Star (so far) on Rivals.com.  Yet this staff has been great at identifying upside in players that eventually propels them to a higher rank by the time signing date comes around.  To see the 2024 list on Rivals you can click here, and if you save the URL in bookmarks or favorites--you can always refer to it.

AJ Pugliano, Rivals 4-Star Tight End from Medford who is verballed for 2024

qivbomsgfuwa140qpdnq

Mr. FishDuck

Dylan Raiola is the top-ranked quarterback in the 2024 recruiting class and while his visit to Nebraska to see family and catch a basketball game made headlines over the weekend, one team people are sleeping on too much is Oregon football.

However, according to what Raiola told Chad Simmons of On3.com, he’s not ready to decide anytime soon and it sounds like Oregon football will get a visit. Raiola told Simmons he will visit Georgia, and Nebraska and also that he “definitely” wants to visit Oregon.

Don’t count out Oregon football

The Ducks are a recruiting force on the West Coast, so it’s not surprising that a recruit from Arizona would consider them. Dan Lanning has also shown he’s ruthless on the trail and more than capable of winning a contested recruitment. After all, Oregon football did land Dante Moore before he re-opened things and went to UCLA.

All Oregon football did was flip four-star Austin Novosad from Baylor on national signing day, so if the Ducks get Raiola up to Eugene, with the facilities and Nike, they will be a serious threat.

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

When it comes to the recruitment of Dylan Raiola, one team people aren't talking enough about is Oregon football.  Dylan Raiola is the top-ranked quarterb...

• Applause 1

Tuesdays with Gorney: 15 teams that could load up with top 2024 prospects.  Oregon is amongst them.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Alabama and Georgia would both love to land five-star defensive lineman Eddrick Houston.

Oregon hosting large group of recruits from Washington.

The recruiting dead period for college football has been lifted and the Oregon Ducks will have a host of prospects out of the state of Washington on campus this weekend. Reggie Jones, the owner, and CEO of Heir Football Academy will be bringing prospects with him on an unofficial visit to Oregon (2024-2026 prospects).

247SPORTS.COM

The recruiting dead period for college football has been lifted and the Oregon Ducks will have a host of prospects out of the state of Washington on campus this weekend.

• Wow 1

An Early Look at Oregon Football's Recruiting Needs in 2024: Defense

The dead period is finally over as we enter March, which means recruits will be flocking to Eugene this weekend for visits. 

Yesterday we examined the offensive needs for the Oregon Ducks in the 2024 class, and today we're breaking it down on defense. Keep in mind again that when writing this, I'm projecting what the team will look like after next season.

The Ducks return a wealth of experience for 2023, featuring Brandon Dorlus, Popo Aumavae, Casey Rogers, Keyon Ware-Hudson and Taki Taimani. There's a good chance all of them could be gone after next year, but maybe KWH runs it back in 2024. 

Terrance Green, Tevita Pome'e, A'mauri Washington, Johnny Bowens and My'Keil Gardner all join from the 2023 recruiting cycle. I think at least of few of them will see the field this season, in what capacity remains to be seen.

The best way to sum up this group is that it's got great depth for next year, but 2024 is a big question mark since most of the proven production will depart.

Click here to read what Max Torres projects the Ducks' defense will need in 2024 in Ducks Digest

The 2024 recruiting cycle is starting to heat up, and the Oregon Ducks are at the center of the action, as per usual.

With the recruiting dead period now behind us, we are expecting to see a number of visits from recruits to Eugene over the next several weeks as spring ball gets underway. We most recently got word that 5-star EDGE Dylan Stewart will be in town at the end of April, coming to Eugene for Oregon’s annual spring game.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star Dylan Stewart — the No. 1 overall player in 2024, per On3 — will be in Eugene for Oregon’s Spring game.

Oregon made a trip to Oklahoma to see Sims during the January contact period, and Sims plans on returning the favor with a trip to Eugene on April 21.

"They came down here to see me before the dead period," he said. "I'm gonna get up there on April 21 and hit Oregon."

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Oklahoma, Michigan State and TCU are just some of the top contenders for the Sooner State's No. 1 prospect.

The Latest With Oregon Commit Fox Crader After Landing Big Offers

He'll get a good feel for other schools this spring, but he also plans to take multiple trips out to Eugene, including one to meet new offensive line coach A'lique Terry.

"I'm definitely gonna be back soon to go meet the new O-line coach, Coach Terry probably at some point this month," Crader said. "And then I'll be there for a spring practice as well as the spring game in April. I don't have those dates scheduled but I'll definitely be there for all three of those."

Some fans have been quick to draw conclusions as Klemm's departure coincides with plans to visit other schools but Crader set the record straight.

Click here to read about Fox Crader's recruitment in Duck's Digest.

At this time Clark is visiting  schools, but I like what he said about Oregon:

Clark also visited Oregon in January and will return for the Ducks spring game on April 22.

“I loved it out there,” Clark said. “It was a great environment and all of the coaches are great all-around people. Coach Lanning will lead that team in a great direction along with the whole coaching staff. Most importantly the coaches care about the actual individual more than the football player and that’s a huge thing for me.”

247SPORTS.COM

It's going to be a busy spring for Phoenix (Ariz.) Mountain Pointe RB Christian Clark.

PA Duck. Just want to thank you for all of the terrific posts you put up on the OBD Forum.

THANK YOU!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Had an amazing visit @oregonfootball yesterday, had a great time and can’t wait to be back! Thank you so much @DuckFootballOps @duckscrootin @CoachWillStein ! @CoachBennett29 @Coach_Rowling @RecruitGeorgia @JosephAHastings @ChadSimmons_ @Mansell247

Mississippi Group Flocking to Oregon

In the 2023 class, Lawrence Hopkins, a recruiting specialist in Mississippi, opened the doors for the Ducks in SEC territory. Eventually, his son, running back Dante Dowdell, signed with Oregon.

In 2024, Oregon is looking to continue the pipeline, offering most of the top players from the Sip. For Oregon’s Spring Game (April 29), nearly a dozen of Hopkins’ charges will visit Oregon.

WWW.ON3.COM

In late April Oregon will host a large contingent of visitors from the state of Mississippi with the help of area expert Lawrence Hopkins.

The Latest With Top 2024 RB Jason Brown Jr.

The 5-foot-10, 200-pound running back took an Oregon visit in January and loved what he saw.

"I loved it. They pulled out the red carpet for me showing me everything I need to see as a player," Brown said about the visit. "My dad was there so he got to build a relationship with the coaching staff which is really important."

He's taken numerous trips to Eugene and has built strong connections with the coaching staff.

The Seattle standout is looking for a college to check a number of boxes before he lands at his next spot.

"Big thing is flexibility in major. I want to be able to major in what I want to major in. That cliche family feel that a lot of people talk about, but it's really bigger than that. I'm looking to these other men around me as brothers. These are people that are going to mold me in my most developmental years, growing into my real adulthood and I have to make sure that I'm around the people that I can trust with my life."

Read about Jason Brown Jr's recruitment in Ducks Digest.

Oregon Football Recruiting 2024 Hot Board: Offensive Line

Recruiting is back in full swing as we emerge out of the dead period early on in the month of March. 

The recruiting calendar is about to pick up in a big way during the spring evaluation period and if Oregon plays its cards right, the Ducks will have most of their 2024 class filled out by the end of the summer.

A'lique Terry arrives in Eugene to take over for Adrian Klemm and he'll look to continue Oregon's run of landing elite offensive linemen.

Here's a look at some of the top offensive line targets for the Ducks in 2024.

Click here to find Oregon's top Offensive Line targets in Ducks Digest.

Oregon Spring Game Visitor List Taking Shape

Last year, Oregon hosted a huge recruiting weekend during its Spring Game.  Visitors included eventual Oregon signees Jurrion Dickey, Rodrick Pleasant, Cole Martin and Blake Purchase, as well as such high-end targets as 5-stars David Hicks and Johnny Cook.

In Dan Lanning’s second season, the 2023 visitors’ list already figures to top last year’s. Two 5-star and top 5 recruits nationally already have scheduled visits for April 29.

WWW.ON3.COM

Dan Lanning and his staff have the makings of a very impressive visitor list set to be in Eugene for the Spring game in late April.