Duck 1972

Terrible Field Last Night

Just noticing the fields from other bowl games and it shows how bad ours was last night. There was around 40K attendance last night.

You'd think San Diego would have a better FB stadium to choose from. That wasn't a baseball park with which to hold the Holiday Bowl at.

It definitely had an impact on the game. It could have created major injuries. Luckily it didn't.

Wish the new SDSU stadium was around 45,000 instead of 35,000, probably would make a good venue for a bowl game like the Holiday.  Really would probably still be a better venue (sight lines, amenities, etc.).

If the Holiday Bowl can't improve the field then I wouldn't mind Oregon declining an invitation to play in the game, in the future.  Athlete safety is more important. 

Agreed the field was in rough shape. My concern, however was the actual stadium hosting a football game. It did not lay out well for the fans. The sidelines were way removed from the field. I would not buy a ticket for that situation. We of course, watching TV get a great picture regardless.

I think the field condition had something to do with Cam almost missing the extra point. His run up to the attempt was across awful turf.

Edited by Santa Rosa Duck
  • Applause 1

WATCH: College Football Bowl Game Field In Unacceptable Shape

Before kickoff on Wednesday, a video showing off the field conditions surfaced on social media. Click on video in article. 

THESPUN.COM

Petco Park was converted to a football field for the Holiday Bowl this Wednesday. Unfortunately, the finished product was very...

• Thanks 1