Pennsylvania Duck

Monday Night Football Game Cancelled...Bills S Damar Hamlin Seriously Hurt

Bills S Damar Hamlin collapses after hard hit, given CPR on the field

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

The Bills-Bengals game was delayed more than 15 minutes for a frightening injury.

The game has now been canceled. I hope and pray he will recover.

• Thumbs Up 2

Praying for his recovery.  Didn't look like a hard shot, like Dale Earnhardt's crash looked like a minor spin-out and bump. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, strange. Hope he recovers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Football can be brutal. I pray that he will be ok.

• Thumbs Up 2

Buffalo Bills' safety Damar Hamlin in critical condition after collapsing on field

Hamlin, 24, is currently hospitalized in critical condition, the National Football League said in a statement.

WWW.MSN.COM

Buffalo Bills' safety Damar Hamlin collapsed after making a tackle in the first quarter against the Bengals in Cincinnati.

I saw something like this happen at a high school game about 10 years ago. It was horrific for all involved - players, coaches, fans. The rest of the game was canceled and both teams and fans gathered in prayer mid-field. 

It's such a tough reminder that we are all so very human, and that what truly matters has less than zero to do with the outcome on the scoreboard. 

Hope and prayers for Damar Hamlin, his family, teammates, and coaches.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:20 PM, JDuck said:

Praying for his recovery.  Didn't look like a hard shot, like Dale Earnhardt's crash looked like a minor spin-out and bump. 

I wonder if he has a previously undiagnosed heart condition or something like that. 😞

Here's what a nurse I know said--she didn't see the game, but of course has read about it and seen the story on TV. These are just her thoughts.

Her first thought was "that the blow to the chest induced ventricular fibrillation – an often fatal cardiac arrhythmia.  This could happen to anybody who sustains a strong chest hit.  Paradoxically, a second strong chest blow, administered immediately, can sometimes restore normal rhythm. Otherwise, mechanical defibrillation is needed to shock the heart back to normal rhythm."

I believe they did use a defribrillator.