NJDuck

Canzano: Putting a Conspiracy Theory to Rest

Canzano: Was Dillingham distracted in Oregon's final regular-season game?  Conspiracy theorists wondered.  Bettors speculated he might be.  Duck fans debated the topic, too.  ASU coach Kenny Dillingham speaks out.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

ASU coach Kenny Dillingham speaks out.

I don't buy it. Speaking in hindsight about your commitment to Oregon is very easy and expected if you are Dilly; no one would know otherwise.

Do I believe he was committed to the Ducks until the second he walked out of Reser? Absolutely. However, only a robot could sit in the box while calling a game and not have thoughts of a new head coaching gig, getting introduced in 24 hours, meeting players, etc...

At least he didn't give up on his team like Cristobal did when he found out 2/3 of the way through the season that he was going to bail

• Thumbs Up 2

That article also doesn't clarify when the players found out. There was a night and day difference in effort after halftime.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course he had to be thinking about ASU at times, but it's a pretty ridiculous take to think that cost us the loss to the Biebers or the Fuskies.  We scored enough points in both of those games to win--if blame must be laid, then it falls on the defense.  Washington didn't punt once the entire game if I remember correctly and in the CW our defense couldn't stop a vanilla rushing attack that didn't throw a pass the entire fourth quarter.

That said, laying blame is just counterproductive.  KD makes for a convenient scapegoat, but's that's just doesn't reflect the reality of our two conferences losses.

Edited by noDucknewby
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

We can all blame who we want but our D @ Beavers was terrible and the same could be said for most of the game against the Fuskies.

• Applause 1