Pennsylvania Duck

Oregon's 2023 Roster Projects to 75% Dan Lanning Added Players

Dan Lanning inherited a roster of mostly Mario Cristobal's guys with a mixture of

Willie Taggart and even Mark Helfrich recruits sprinkled when he took over in late 2021.

One year later and Lanning is in the process of turning over the majority of the roster.

The Ducks have already signed 28 prep recruits and have commitments from six transfer

portal players to boot. The additions seem far from over, as the Ducks remain real players

for a handful of top unsigned high school players and are also pushing for more transfer additions too.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's 2023 roster projects to be 75 percent Dan Lanning added players
  • Go Ducks! 1

Thats a quick flip. 75%? That makes this Lannings team. The "These are Mariøs guys, wait until Lanning gets his guys" no longer applies. 

There are some Dude's on the Lanning side of the ledger. Ducks are/could become a great team well ahead of schedule.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Amazing how fast he is transforming this team and I feel there is more to come.

This is why he hired Marschall Malchow (sp?) and some of us thought it might be the biggest hire of the entire staff.

Roster engineering is one of the key pillars in the new era of strategic progrum administration, alongside empirical talent evaluation, branding NIL management and opposition research.

The balanced scorecard of NIL-era football programs would be a fascinating case study.

• Great post! 1

While this certainly speeds up DL's ability to improve the team, it still takes time for transfers and high school recruits to learn new systems. I'm preaching patience on this one.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 1/5/2023 at 5:31 PM, kirklandduck said:

While this certainly speeds up DL's ability to improve the team, it still takes time for transfers and high school recruits to learn new systems. I'm preaching patience on this one.

I know what you are saying, but it didn’t take too long for Nix, Irving, Cota, and Whittington to not only add depth, but also make an impact in a brand new offense.

If DL and staff add players with the same type of impact on the defensive side…could get very interesting much faster than expected. 

On 1/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, Drake said:

I know what you are saying, but it didn’t take too long for Nix, Irving, Cota, and Whittington to not only add depth, but also make an impact in a brand new offense.

If DL and staff add players with the same type of impact on the defensive side…could get very interesting much faster than expected. 

True. But remember the majority of new players are high school recruits with some transfers. It'll take a while before the freshman are properly developed to provide real depth.

• Thumbs Up 1