Pennsylvania Duck

Statistically: Ducks Improved Dramatically on Offense, Regressed on Defense, Special Teams

Oregon had its best offense since 2015, its poorest defense since 2016

and  its worst all-around special teams in at least the last 15 years.

Here is where Oregon ranked in the Pac-12 and nationally in 2022:

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon had its best offense since 2015, its poorest defense since 2016 and its worst all-around special teams in at least the last 15...

Not to be critical, but this was painfully obvious to anyone who watched the games.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I will never get over how the Ducks only allowed 5 sacks all season.  I wonder how many teams gave up 5 in 1 game.  That is an amazing stat, especially for a team that threw the ball 432 times this eason.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the first order of business in the off season would be to hire another DC.

If Lanning doesn't and they are bad again next year that reflects on his ability to improve the D, the prominent reason reason he was hired here.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, Duckhart said:

I thought the first order of business in the off season would be to hire another DC.

If Lanning doesn't and they are bad again next year that reflects on his ability to improve the D, the prominent reason reason he was hired here.

It was pretty obvious that the defensive linemen and linebackers, for the most part, were ill-suited for the kind of defense DL and TL wanted to run.  Given the sheer number of recruits and transfers on defense coming in, they're looking to address it very quickly.