Charles Fischer

Wowza...Ready for Another YOUNG Oregon Football Team?

I was looking at an article from 247, (that has been posted here) and I was stunned at the breakdown of players by academic year in school. 

Seniors:  14

Juniors:   28

Sophs:      7

Freshmen or Redshirt Freshmen:  41

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Expect a lot of mistakes on the field in year 2 of the Lanning era but it should be interesting to see how they improve over the course of the season.

The Freshman and RS Freshman won't see much of the field this year.  Hopefully, only in garbage time.  The only Freshman on the 2 deep are 2 WRs and our punter.

WWW.OURLADS.COM

The most accurate, up to date College Football Depth Charts and Rosters on the net.

• Thumbs Up 1

The number that really stands out to me is the 7 sophomores.  That should be mostly the #6 rated 2021 class led by Suamataia and Ty Thompson.  Other notables in that class include, Troy Franklin, Donte Thornton, Keith Brown, Moliki Matavao, Terrence Ferguson, Seven McGee, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Byron Cardwell, Jeffrey Bassa, Branden Buckner... 

What a mix of impact players and transfer portal exits...  This is the effect of the portal I think... trading sophomores for juniors and seniors in the portal.  That really impacts player development as you are only getting a small window to elevate their play or they leave.

How many of the 41 freshmen will Oregon keep until they are sophomores?

Edited by Duck Fan 76
  • Great post! 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, Duck Fan 76 said:

How many of the 41 freshmen will Oregon keep until they are sophomores?

Only the good ones.  That is the objective here...

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I think it is the new normal that teams are going to be pretty young for the most part. Most players that don't contribute on the field will probably be pushed out of the program before they are juniors.