Pennsylvania Duck

NCAA Takes Another Shot at NIL Rule Violation Enforcement

The NCAA is once again attempting to clean up NIL’s impact on the recruiting trail and the Transfer Portal. Since its introduction in July 2021, coaches and athletic department officials have expressed great concern about how NIL impacts the recruiting trail.

The new memo obtained by Mit Winter is the latest attempt to change that.

In part, the memo states that when available information supports the behaviors leading up to, surrounding and/or related to an NIL agreement or activity contrary to NCAA legislation or the interim NIL policy, then the enforcement staff and Committee on Infractions shall presume a violation occurred.

To rebut the presumption of a violation, the institution must clearly demonstrate that all behaviors complied with NCAA legislation and the interim policy.

Read article below for further details and reactions...

WWW.ON3.COM

The NCAA is once again attempting to clean up NIL’s impact on the recruiting trail and the Transfer Portal.

Plus, USC coach Lincoln Riley openly admitted the Trojans lost out on recruits this cycle because of NIL. 

Note he didn't say improper NIL usage.

Remember on your next visit to SoCal it will be a BYOK trip (bring your own Kleenex) as I'm hearing some 17Mil pad is hoarding/using it all.

I'm looking for the fine print in regard to the enforcement protocols being in place by the end of the century.

• Haha 1

College football needs to cut ties with the NCAA. Period.

On 1/28/2023 at 3:38 PM, 2002duck said:

College football needs to cut ties with the NCAA. Period.

What would replace it, a consortium of the SEC/B1G?  I agree the NCAA is bloated, ineffective and barely superior to nothing but I haven't seen a viable alternative.