Ryan Robertson

What I was talking about yesterday

Yesterday I had an article discussing the mentality of Washington compared to that of clemson.

Here UW is complaining about having road games before they play us this year. It's the exact mentality I was talking about...

20210302_162016.jpg

You can't make Washington happy no matter what their schedule is... they could play 12 home games and have Oregon after a double bye week and they'd still complain about something.

There seems something completely wrong with Washington's fan-base and their delusion is unmatched. I think a lot of that is also built around the journalists that cover them too. All their stuff is an echo chamber that perpetually pumps sunshine to the point that they don't actually see the sun! They don't know their program and I'll be honest Washington has a TON of advantages they could leverage to their advantage, they are just being underutilized.

When it comes to recruiting it is a pretty common response when Washington loses out on a recruit that their fan-base decries "We didn't want that guy anyways" and sometimes they start bashing recruits that didn't commit to their school. I just wonder if that ever puts off perspective recruits.

I'm not saying Oregon's fan base is perfect (but we know we are)... and there are some forums out there that do a whole lot of sunshine pumping but the fan-base doesn't go insane with delusion the same way that the Washington fans do. I guess as an Oregon fan I do get a bit of joy out of watching the Washington fan base foam at the mouth at really non-issues.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just finished writing about Washington's delusion in another topic. It's everywhere! Of course "Phil" is brought up by the Honk. The mentality of Clemson V Washington? Clemson actually has Championships, 1 from 1981, while Washington...not so much. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon fan base isn't perfect, and if I see a fan stepping over the line I say something. If that fan has had one too many it may not be received perfectly, but I think it is the job of the larger group to keep everyone in line. 

The dawg fan base has those too and I hope they can work to reign in those overly excited fans as well. The difference is their delusion about how good they are and were. 

I think it was written somewhere about how the dawgs picked the colors purple and gold as it was connected too royalty. This mentality seems to permeate their fan base. They seem to feel like they are better than others. This is why I take great enjoyment in pointing out their actual place in history, along with their potential for the future.

This delusion covers preseason as they are always, much like ND, going to be better next year. There are few fanbases which take greater joy in being preseason favorites and are indignant when they aren't favored.

Sam Huard will become their beacon of hope for the next 4 years. Disappointment this season will met with hope for the next, as Sam's career will be the cycle of emotion for their program. That emotion will always be wrapped in the fact that Huard was the highest rated qb ever recorded and should be, will be doing better than he is now, much like the program. 

I completely agree with Ryan, they go through a cycle of complaining, and then excuse making. This is always preceded by the rational of they are the great, anointed program. They should be 'given' more respect. Fortunately Oregon knows you earn respect.

18 hours ago, Ryan Robertson said:

Here UW is complaining about having road games before they play us this year. It's the exact mentality I was talking about...

It is quite a heightened sense of paranoia, when you actually think that Phil Knight controls the scheduling at the Pac-12 level!  The delusion of some knows no bounds!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck