Charles Fischer

NFL Analyst: Penei Sewell Comparable to HOF Tackle?

Look, I love Sewell as much as anyone else and believe he has more upside ... but do you think comparing him to a Hall of Famer is apt at this time? 

I say, "tap-the-brakes" and let him create his own legacy without so high of expectations....

ESPN host compares Oregon OL Penei Sewell to NFL Hall of Famer by 247Sports

PFF Draft on Twitter: "Penei Sewell is on a historic pace this season. If  the season ended today, he would be the highest-graded offensive tackle  EVER in the PFF College era (2014 -

Mr. FishDuck

I understand all the praise.  If I remember correctly, Penei had the best football season ever by a Offensive Lineman.  The kid has allowed zero sacks, that is amazing.

Like the article states, maybe him not playing this year will allow the doubt to drop him in the draft. It would be amazing to see him on a good to great team and protecting, creating holes for an offense that is a threat.

I do agree the comparison thing isn't helpful, but is expected out of a pundit. We all like to make comparisons, but everyone needs to become their own unique person with flaws and exceptional abilities! Penei is definitely one of those guys who seems to have found one of his unique abilities early in life. The guy is a monster of an offensive lineman, with much more talent left to tap.

It is an amazing fact that he isn't that old. and has much untapped potential to come. 

Edited by Haywarduck

23 minutes ago, Tandaian said:

The kid has allowed zero sacks, that is amazing.

I do not believe that is true; I will pull it out since I've heard/read this so often, but I recall a play where a USC DE was shoved down by Sewell, who then got up to his hands and knees and submarined into our QB for a sack.  

And that is a sack in my book.  It is quibbling, and not important, but I do like to stay accurate if I can.  I will look again later....

Mr. FishDuck