Mudslide

MBB: Players Returning Next Season

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks not only advanced past WSU in the Pac-12 Tournament on Thursday, they learned guard Jermaine Couisnard is coming back for 2023-24.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I don't think this a big deal, he isn't that great a player, needs a ton of shots to get to his averages, extremely streaky, would rather just get a transfer.

Nate Bittle commits to returning to Oregon next year, Soares will decide after the season

"I am staying 100 percent," Bittle said after a tough 75-56 loss to the Bruins. "I am not going anywhere. I believe in this coaching staff, I am committed to this team. I have both feet in."

Bittle started 19 of the 24 games he played this season for the Ducks. He saw big jumps in minutes played per game (7 minutes to 17 minutes), his scoring average jumped almost three times from last year (1.7 ppg to 6.3 ppg), and he improved his 3-point shooting percentage by more than 10 percent from last year.

Bittle credited his growth this season to his teammates and coaches having the trust in him to make the plays needed.

"It helps my confidence and everything like that," Bittle said. " I am ready to get back into the lab. This summer is going to be a big opportunity."

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon men's basketball coaching staff knows at least two players from within its starting lineup will return for the 2023-24...
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess the only guys I wonder about are Dante and Ware.

IMHO, Dante’ is ready for the next level, and Ware is not.  But I’m sure he’ll go anyway.

Mr. FishDuck

If Jermaine Couisnard stays healthy and develops more consistency he could be a good leader next year. I like his game and when he's on he's hard to stop. 

Bittle had improved on offence and really need to learn how to defend without fouling which put him on the bench a lot. Great energy just needs to focus it.

Soares is all over the place and is a really good defender. He's very athletic and has some great moves on offence but just never seams to finish. If he could figure out the offensive side and really practice is shots he could be a great player.

Ware probably leaves for the NBA but he truly needs more time in college ball to mature into a better defender and team player. Hope he get some good advice or he's probably follow the likes of Wooten into obscurity.

Dante has achieved what he's needed to to become a legitimate NBA player and will move on. Would be great to see him back but chances are slim.

Barthelemey had some great game but tended to force up shots when he should of been dishing the ball to the to the bigs on his somewhat out of control drives. Hope you learns how to distribute the ball a little better and they could really help meld the team together.

The Ducks basketball team has lacked returning players in the last few years which has really hurt the team cohesiveness. The more players that come back the better. With the talented incoming freshman class, having a veteran presence gives them time to find their roles and transition into the college game. It would be nice to have a year with less portal action.

• Applause 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Dante’ is ready for the next level, and Ware is not.

I check pretty frequently, and I've never seen Dante on a mock draft for this year's draft. I saw he was projected to go in the second round next year on nbadraft.net a few weeks ago, but now he's completely gone. It makes no sense.

If the Blazers got Dante in the second round in this year's draft I would be happy about that. I don't understand why he's getting no love.

As for Ware, I've always assumed he would transfer. I still expect that to happen, and especially so if Dante is told by NBA insiders that he's not going to get picked. 

Kel'el is no-where to be found on this mock draft....(pardon the pun).  Dante falls down to 116th.

NBADRAFTROOM.COM

Full 2 round 2023 NBA Mock Draft. Victor Wembanyama is the prize at the top of the 2023 NBA Draft with Scoot Henderson no.2. NBA Mock Draft

And on the USA Today mock draft, Dante is not seen, and Ware checks in at 43.

FTW.USATODAY.COM

Let’s check the temperature before March Madness shakes everything up.

It seems both can seriously upgrade their draft positions (and Benjamins!) by working on their weaknesses while staying one more year with the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nbadraft.com stopped projecting Ware to go in this years draft in January when it became clear he was not going to get playing time. They basically just put him around #18-22 in the 2024 draft ever since them.

So, they're saying he has top 20 NBA talent, but that nobody is going to draft him in the first round this year. If he declares someone will draft him in the mid to late second round this year. 

Might as well come back to college- I just doubt he'll want to play for Altman. 

That's too bad to see Dante dropping to #116th on some mocks. It doesn't make sense to me in reality, but all of the sites I've seen have not even had him close.

This is why I will not be surprised to see Dante back playing for the Ducks.

Edited by 2002duck
  • Like 1