Pennsylvania Duck

NCAA Makes Massive Decision on Transfer Rules

The transfer portal has absolutely blown up in recent years, with many players seeking better opportunities due to the emergence of NIL deals. However, those who are looking to transfer for a second time in their career may have trouble doing so.

Players who want to transfer a second-time need to have a waiver accepted to do so. It was revealed in January that these waivers would become more strict.

This became more clear in a memo sent to programs on Wednesday.

CBS Sports college basketball insider Jon Rothstein revealed that the NCAA sent this memo to schools that details the various reasons that transfer waivers will be declined.

WWW.MSN.COM

The transfer portal has absolutely blown up in recent years, with many players seeking better opportunities due to the emergence...
  • Thanks 1

Good gosh.  The NCAA makes one bad decision after another, and escalates the risk to the players that much more with a transfer.  Add to that how the period of recruiting portal transfer prospects is short--and easy for everyone to fool each other in the recruiting process and you add another bad element for everyone?

Coaches will not like being the bad guy of removing a scholarship from a non-performing player, knowing that with the current rules--the player is trapped.  

For all parties...

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/24/2023 at 6:12 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The NCAA makes one bad decision after another,

Evidently the new NCAA prez, Charlie Baker former Governor of Mass, is Emmert 2.0.

• Applause 1

"The NCAA then went onto explain the three reasons where an undergraduate transfer waiver would only be considered, citing specific circumstances. Per the NCAA, those reasons are as follow, effective for 2023-24 champions eligibility:

1. #1) For reasons related to the student-athlete’s physical or mental well-being;"

There you have it. Automatic transfer granted for any athlete with any wits. 

"When I transferred to Colorado I was a happy young man that loved playing football and learning new knowledge in my classes. Over series of months, Coach Deion Sanders made me a shell of my former self."

"Any route I ran in practice, Deion would stop everyone to show how he could do it better than me. He asked me if I wanted his autograph every day in practice. My mental well-being is not OK, and I wish to play at Oregon with Dan Lanning. Please do not let me suffer one more day."

Boom. Transfer accepted. Checkmate. Thanks for the game, NCAA. 

Edited by 2002duck

On 3/24/2023 at 12:59 PM, 2002duck said:

Boom. Transfer accepted. Checkmate. Thanks for the game, NCAA. 

Or, U$C and ucla screwed me over . . . I was promised I could keep my frequent flyer miles.

• Haha 1