cartm25

BYU - The Team the Pac-12 Could Use Right Now?

I know we're exhausted with the media rights deal, but as a BYU alumni, I found this article interesting (including links to other articles).

For your reading pleasure . . . or just ignore it 🙂

WWW.DESERET.COM

The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel, Forbes’ Jim Williams sound off on value of BYU in media rights negotiations. Did Pac-12 make mistake not considering it for expansion years ago?

On 3/24/2023 at 3:09 PM, cartm25 said:

I know we're exhausted with the media rights deal, but as a BYU alumni, I found this article interesting (including links to other articles).

For your reading pleasure . . . or just ignore it 🙂

WWW.DESERET.COM

The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel, Forbes’ Jim Williams sound off on value of BYU in media rights negotiations. Did Pac-12 make mistake not considering it for expansion years ago?

Yeah. That’s interesting. It is interesting the PAC 12 would not invite BYU, yet BYU was relied upon heavily to fill the PAC 12 schedule over the years. The PAC 12 had a lot of benefits from BYU without BYU being a conference member. But those days (those benefits) are now gone with BYU being in the BIG 12 and BYU being limited in its out of conference games on their schedule.

Et tu Mandel? Stewart is closing in on Dennis Dodd's territory.

With its refusal to play on Sunday and Utah in the Salt Lake City market, BYU does not make sense for the Pac-10.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

With its refusal to play on Sunday

Except for football? Hmmm.  I will let those of that faith answer that one, as I have no idea why?

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/25/2023 at 11:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Et tu Mandel? Stewart is closing in on Dennis Dodd's territory.

With its refusal to play on Sunday and Utah in the Salt Lake City market, BYU does not make sense for the Pac-10.

Hehe 😉 Yeah, if I am Mandel, then Taylor Randall must have slid you a little $$$ Jon Joseph. 😄

On 3/25/2023 at 12:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Except for football? Hmmm.  I will let those of that faith answer that one, as I have no idea why?

It’s true for any sport at BYU, including football. They do not schedule to play on Sunday. An event may be scheduled on Saturday and play bleed over into Sunday, but they do not schedule Sunday play.