Jon Joseph

College Football - Toughest Places to Play in the Pac-12

This time AI got it right.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

We asked ChatGPT to rank the most intimidating places to play in the Pac-12. Here’s what it said:

But about writing papers for students? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Arizona Cardinals?  And I would have thought Utah would be higher.  Winning there this year is a low-probability...

Troy Franklin vs Utah 2021_Harry Caston.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Agree with Utah's Rice-Ecolls Stadium and the MUSS-Mighty Utah Student Section.

The stadium sells out and is loud.

I've been to a few of these stadia.  The only one I'd have to disagree with is Memorial Stadium.  I saw U$C play there during their heyday, and I heard more crickets (actually rats eating fallen Doritos) than fans.  Fans were late to enter, early to leave during halftime and at game's end, and the bowl is so large that sound just floats off somewhere into O.J.'s living room.  Seating was hard and really uncomfortable.

I wouldn't go back there even if Phil Knight gave me a lift and ticket to see my beloved Ducks play the Condoms.  😄

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/13/2023 at 11:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Arizona Cardinals?  And I would have thought Utah would be higher.  Winning there this year is a low-probability...

Troy Franklin vs Utah 2021_Harry Caston.jpg

I dunno, they lost a lot of good D to NFL/graduation.  If the QB is still out (ACL) which is a strong possibility, and Nix and company are hot...we can sure win that one.  Our own D has nowhere to go but up...it all starts with line pressure, which will make a rebuilt secondary much better to offset the veteran losses, but we've got some good talent coming in too.  LB in the Lanning D is the biggest ? to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, did he imply the Utes play in Provo? 🤣

Interesting list.  Autzen #1 for sure - hate having to play there.  

I don’t understand usc being ranked that high.  Have been twice - both Utah losses and it was a bunch of late arriving, uninterested fans that only got loud yelling at us after the game walking out.  The colosseum is a dump as well.   Good riddance!

And Utah definitely does not play in Provo!

• Thumbs Up 1