Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: 'Dillon the Villain' Act Has Jumped the Shark That -- and Some Other Monday Thoughts

It’s a shame what has happened to Dillon Brooks. Always known as a physical, super aggressive defender, he has now parlayed that skill set into becoming an NBA goon.

Seeing video of his recent post game comments where he called out LeBron, calling him “old,” among other things, made me roll my eyes. I was actually sickened……and embarrassed for him at the same time. What was he thinking? It was a stupid thing to say, especially in the middle of an elimination series. 

Brooks says he likes to “Poke the Bear.” Well, he seems to have done that, and the strategy thus far is not working out so well.

I pretty much always root for the Ducks, and have rooted in the past for Brooks, but my cheering days for him are over.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:32 PM, DUCKED said:

I pretty much always root for the Ducks, and have rooted in the past for Brooks, but my cheering days for him are over.

I will never not root for a Duck.  Especially for an overly Self important person like Lebron.  Dillon is doing his job.  That is to pester and slow down the best player on the other team.  Mission Accomplished.

Mission accomplished?  Would that be to have your team down 3-1?  He hasn’t done squat.  LeBron was the first Laker with  20 points and 20 rebounds since 2004.  Nice defensive job.  While his play as a Duck was commendable, his subpar game in the final four prevented the Ducks from a shot at the national championship in a one point loss to NC.

Edited by Bruce3404

Some players elevate their game during the playoffs. Dillon Brooks elevates his mouth.

While I don’t want to see robot like answers to questions during interviews, I think you probably need to shut down LeBron a few times before before we take you seriously.

Otherwise, you are just a bad actor on a traveling show. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2023 at 9:15 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

I will never not root for a Duck.  Especially for an overly Self important person like Lebron.  Dillon is doing his job.  That is to pester and slow down the best player on the other team.  Mission Accomplished.

Doing his job?

He's getting schooled by LeBron.