NJDuck

BREAKING:Top247 CB Ify Obidegwu Commits to Oregon

Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Top247 cornerback Ify Obidegwu announced his commitment to Oregon on Sunday choosing the Ducks over a top seven of Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee and USC.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Obidegwu is tabbed by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 13 cornerback and No. 122 prospect overall. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite tabs him at No. 11 and No. 99 respectively.

Oregon Ducks rise to No. 7 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

247SPORTS.COM

Dan Lanning and the Ducks rise to No. 7 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Another big-time addition for the Ducks in the secondary for the 2024 class.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

The list who offered him was vast, and he is a 4-Star at Rivals as well.  Top 2024 Corner Picks Oregon Over USC, Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State!

“Ultimately what stood out to me is that Oregon is a school where I can achieve my dreams on and off the field. Coach Meat and coach Tosh have built a good defense in Oregon and I know that I can do very great things at Oregon. Also, coach Lanning and the rest of the staff has treated me and my family with much love and it is unlike no other. Coach Meat and I have built a great relationship and I have trust in that man 100% that he will get me where I want to be and that is the NFL. Oregon has also been a dream school of mine growing up and it is so surreal that this is all happening.”

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Boy what a list.  Oregon now has 11 verbals for 2024, with seven of them being 4/5-Stars on Rivals!

N.RIVALS.COM

Ify Obidegwu - 2024 4 Star Cornerback for St. Frances (Baltimore, MD) on Rivals.com

So...we have had an All-Star corner at Oregon by the name of Ifo....and now we have one who is Ify?   (I had to be the first one to crack that!)

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/7/2023 at 9:20 AM, Charles Fischer said:

So...we have had an All-Star corner at Oregon by the name of Ifo....and now we have one who is Ify?   (I had to be the first one to crack that!)

Dang if he doesn't look like a taller version of Ifo on film and resembles him as a quiet leader. A great get for the Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Pretty amazing to see an elite athlete from across the country commit to the Ducks after seeing all the other top programs. The young man could've stayed close to home, or gone to any of the other schools, but chose Oregon.

This is another huge indicator on just how effective Lanning and staff are at recruiting. It is also another signal of what the student athletes are seeing with the culture Lanning is developing. 

Commitments like this make me less iffy in my believe Lanning is the real deal, and the future looks bright. Welcome Ify, keep working hard toward your dreams!

Unknown.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

This new verbal attends the same High School as Rivals 4-Star QB recruit Michael Van Buren that the Ducks are pursuing.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

If-Y, were the King of the corner... Not prince, not Duke, just KING!

If all this talent committing to Oregon's dB corps sticks, and develops to its apparent potential, the Duck No Fly Zone will be quite entertaining,  to put it mildly.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nothing iffy about this.   Now go get ice cream, errrr....I mean get some 5 star DT's and Lanning style LB's

On 5/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, Haywarduck said:

The young man could've stayed close to home

As someone who grew up in Washington, D.C., I always keep an eye on players from the DC Metro area. There aren't really many powerhouse teams anywhere nearby. Nashville is really far away, like 10 hours. Columbus is about 5 or 6 hours or so away I'd guess. The University of Maryland generally has good programs, but Oregon is a much bigger brand. 

But the DC Metro produces more basketball players, so I guess it should be more of a focus for our scouts for that sport. Georgetown has fallen off the map, and Maryland is sometimes hit or miss. UVA is once again a powerhouse in basketball after disappearing after Y2K, but their football program isn't even competing with teams like the Ducks. UNC, maybe.

Anyway, my point is that Oregon needs to open up a satellite recruiting office in D.C., the land of the lobbyists! Stake claim where there is taxation without representation! 

• Thumbs Up 1