Jon Joseph

More College Football Realignment - Here is College Football News (CFN) Take on all G5 and P5 Conferences

Some good takes here. This was authored by CFN's Pete Fiutak before the B1G hired its new commissioner. May you live in interesting times, right?

https://collegefootballnews.com/news/college-football-expansion-predictions-conference-realignment-whats-new-in-2023

vintage summer GIF by Jessica Lea Mayfield

• Thumbs Up 1

I still don't know why most people here want the Ducks to stay in the Pac-12...

On 5/8/2023 at 1:03 PM, Thomallister1291 said:

For me "It's a West Coast thing!" Pac-8, Pac-10, Pac-12, and Rose Bowl.  Call me a traditionalist old timer!  😄

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

It is a bit of tradition for us native west coast folks, particularly if you attended a Pac 8-10-12 college. It's also how the new 12 team playoffs will shake out if Oregon stays as a top dog in the revamped PAC as opposed to joining the BIG. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Other than the money, lots of money, the BIG just doesnt feel like a natural fit. It doesnt feel right for ucla either!

I could care less about usc. They have not been relevant for almost 15 years. Except for a couple of seasons.

Of course, I will follow and support the Ducks and double hate the huskies, no matter where they land. But nothing about a Ducks vs Purdue or Ducks vs Minnesota is exciting to me.

But each of us have our views and feelings. My passion has been with the PAC and its many names for over 65 years. TBD for all of us.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

We have discussed it extensively here for nearly a year--so much of it took place before you joined.  Many have "fatigue" with the subject...

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck