FishDuck Article

The Oregon Offense: Will Stein’s Fake Rollout Throwback Screen

A few weeks ago, we took a look at one of the rollout passes Coach Will Stein has implemented into the Oregon Ducks offense. Today we are studying a constraint play that the Ducks also showed in the spring game. Constraint plays are play built to look like one play at first, but then turn out to be another. These ...

FISHDUCK.COM

A few weeks ago, we took a look at one of the rollout passes Coach Will Stein has implemented into the Oregon Ducks offense. Today we are...
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Coach Eric Boles!  Another great analysis play for OBD fans.  Bo Nix is the perfect QB, and with the receivers and running backs the offense will roll!

Is it September yet?  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 3

I have to admit that watching plays where DB’s are bouncing off of our linemen that are lead blocking downfield is quite enjoyable. This could definitely be one of those plays. 

Thanks for the analysis, Coach. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I saw this play in the game and wondered about diving further into it--but you have!  The old offensive-lineman in me was critical of how the downfield blocking could have been better; they effectively made only one block, but the play went well.  Thanks Coach!

Throwback screen.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Had a friend in college who was an offensive lineman  and his favorite thing was to block DBs downfield. He was around 6’4 310lbs. OUCH.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you, Coach. I always enjoy and am educated by your great coaching takes.

• Thumbs Up 1

The old db in me hated those enemy big dudes crashing down on me ... but the receiver in me loved my own big bruisers.  There should be a federal OL Holiday.  😁

Thanks for another fine analysis, Coach B.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2