Steven A

FishDuck Metrics are Smiling as Ducks Land at No. 9 in Blue Chip Ratio

247SPORTS.COM

On Tuesday, 247 Sports released its annual blue-chip ratio that saw Oregon rise to No. 9 in the country.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly think Dan and team know exactly what they are doing.  Will there be mistakes, sure, there always are but I like the trajectory.

• Thumbs Up 1

The full article referred to in the tweet in the article above, is below.  This is a HUGE statistic, and Oregon having 67% of the roster at 4/5-Star is unheard of.  It is evident looking at the rankings, that Oregon is knocking on the door to being in the complete-elite.  Get from 67% to 75%, and we will be there.

I think Dan will do that over the next two years....

247SPORTS.COM

How much talent does it take to win the national championship in college football? And which of the teams in 2023 are most set to deliver on that promise? Unveiling the 2023 Blue-Chip Ratio.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is huge.

No team without a Blue Chip Ratio roster won a BCS title or a playoff title to date.

Hats off to Dan and crew.

Also "look" whose NOT on that list anymore. 

Yeah I know I'm trying to have you spot a negative which isn't possible but I assure you it's actually a great big positive. 

Washington is no longer on this list!!!! 

They have been giving around 50% since the Petersen era and after Petersen left they still held on but no more! 

They are still a dangerous team but with our improved defense this year we should hope to see a return to Duck dominance in this game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The article about this Blue Chip ratio on 247 had the following quote...

"Oregon is consistently moving up in the blue-chip ratio. After not making the list in 2019, the Ducks jumped to 40% in 2020, to 56% in 2021, to 60%  in 2022, and to 67%  in 2023. Head coach Dan Lanning has continued to increase Oregon's success in the blue-chip ratio, as the Ducks have 14 commitments in the 2024 class, with 11 of them being four-star recruits. 

For the 2023 blue-chip ratio class, Oregon is one of two Pac-12 teams in the top-16, with USC joining at 52%. By 2024, Oregon will be the only Pac-12 program in the blue-chip ratio as the SEC and Big 10 will combine for 12-of-16 teams."

Blake Purchase_Screenshot from 247Sports Video.jpg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

11/14=79%. If Oregon keeps this up it will be a power. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1