30Duck

10 Ducks That Need To Step Up To Get The Ducks To The Next Level In 2021

It's all about the quarterback, and ultimately, he will be the most important player if Oregon is to get an invitation to the playoffs next season. But, it's not only him. From both offense and defense,  247sports.com highlights 10 players who will make the difference for the Ducks. 

See the source image

See the source image

I'm not sold that J Johnson and Redd need to step up. In trigh both have had some great moments as Ducks but neither have been dominant. 

They just need to continue to do what they have been doing... And other young receivers need to step up and break out. 

I would say Pittman needs to step up more, he has all the potential and this is the year that he goes off. 

Pittman is built differently than Johnson and Redd and we need Pittman to be the game changer. 

We have seen 4 years of Johnson and Redd already... I don't think we'll see anything new from them. We need the young receivers to step up and break out. 

5 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

We have seen 4 years of Johnson and Redd already... I don't think we'll see anything new from them.

Agreed.  If they could do more--they would have done it by now, right?  (Now watch them prove me happily wrong!)

Johnny Johnson_Tom Corno.jpg

I never get tired of highlights from wins over Washington...do you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Compare what Noah Sewell needs to do, to most of the others, is an interesting exercise when thinking about what we need out of the players.

Noah Sewell has all the talent in the world at the LB position. If anything he needs to slow down and mature mentally in how to play at the college level. He ran past and through too many situations. The talent is there, it will just take coaching and effort which seems pretty attainable. I am actually extremely excited to see what Noah and Justin bring this season, year two of college ball.

What we have seen from the skill players on offense is effort, some skill and even some acumen, but the elite talent level just hasn't presented itself. What we need is continued development from that list, but we also need the young guys to break through and show us what Noah has shown on the defensive side of the ball his freshman year.

Bottomline the playoffs will happen if most of the guys on that list make leaps in development. Either that, or the young guys start taking snaps, and lead the team to the playoffs with the magnitude of their supposed gifts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Go Ducks!!

I don't think this article accurately portrays were oregon's weaknesses are. what position does Oregon need to have players  show up in first in foremost.  my list would be safety, QB, OL, TE, and LB. I would look at this and order these players in these position groups on importance of showing up.

1. Bennett Williams - saf

2. McKinley/Happle/Stephens or a freshman - saf

3. brown/thompson - QB

4. Jones/moore/tauanu'u - OL

5. Aumavae-Laulu/freshman - OL

6. Bass/Walk - OL

7. Johnson/Webb - TE

8. Funa - LB

9. Sewell/Flowe - LB

10. anyone from above

I know I listed a more than 10 people above but just pick one in every listing and you will have be fine and number 10 is a wildcard. at this point I don't expect a lot more from Verdell, Redd, or jj3. as long as they continue to perform the offense should trudge along and hopefully we get a show from an underclassmen or two at the respective positions.

Edited by UtahDuck
clarification

I don't think DJ Johnson needs to step up; I think he already stepped up!

I like it when guys move from O to D, or D to O, and have success.

And my goodness, I would not like to be a 200 lb defensive back seeing that dude bearing down on me!