Charles Fischer

OBD Forum is Back! What to KNOW...(Please Read!)...and NEW Introductory Video to View!

Charles, what do you provide us, the Members of the OBD Forum?

--I provide the forum platform, (the thousands of dollars spent originally and now with reinstatement) along with a ton of work and time to get it back up and keep it going.

--A free forum offering protection from those out there who are mean to others.  This is a big gift to so many, as the absence of aggression and tension is nice to read in all our posts.

--Directions on how to do everything, which is something you don't see on other sites.  It is frustrating to me, in how easy everything is ... if you know how to do it. I am not "tech-intuitive," thus I need someone to show me. My directions are meant to help the vast majority, but you also have to do your part and check with them before emailing me please. (See link to Directions in upper panel on front page)

--As Media Credentialed, I will pass along the official Oregon Sports press releases which will give you some of the “news” each day about Our Beloved Ducks.

What to Know:

--Everything is created for YOU, the OBD Forum member. So many of the rules, the methods with some of the tasks are all created to make your experience at OBD Forum that much more enjoyable and easy.

--We have directions for using this forum where each task only takes 1-2 minutes to learn, and only seconds to actually complete the task—once you know how to do it.  It really is easier than you would think, and do check out our short intro videos coming out soon too!

--Don’t have a picture for an Avatar/Profile Picture?  (What everyone calls an "avatar" elsewhere--this software calls "Profile Picture.") For those who do not have an Profile Picture--I will pop in an Oregon helmet, but there will be a ton of duplication. Yet it look will look better than the duplication of tons of capital letters for put in automatically for Profile Pictures. (A Profile Picture is the picture or letter next to your Posting Name when you post.)

--The Moderators have light green colored posts, while your administrator will have light yellow colored posts.

Forum Members: Will you do YOUR PART?

--Know the rules and follow them. Make it easy on us as over 99% of all FishDuck members have.

--Fill out your Profile and help me to help you. The public does not see anything but your Posting Name!

--Bring Oregon Sports News to the forum for everyone else. Bring article links too!

--Flag any posts that you see breaking our rules; you have to follow the rules, so let us know when someone else has broken them!

--Start threads about interesting items you are pondering. Get a discussion going!

--Post your opinion, don’t just read all the responses.  Jump in, as the water in this Duck Pond is just fine! 

--Volunteer a little time.  I work during the day and I can only provide my part of this; can you do your part?  Are you retired?  Can you spare a few hours out of the 168 hours available each week to help this special site?

--Frustrated with a loss?  Please read here, and remember we don't go after fellow devoted Duck fans who may disagree with you.

Watch the Introductory Video below, as I GUARANTEE you will learn something!

To see the full sized screen of the video...click on the "Watch on YouTube" above or click right here.

Mr. FishDuck

It's great to have the forum back! 🙂

1 minute ago, Annie said:

It's great to have the forum back! 🙂

Annie...you are the first to post on the returning OBD forum and it is GREAT to have it back!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dp2ob338gx3q9cv4o6

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great that you will pass along official press release from UO football!  Thanks!

It's good news  the Forum is back!

Thank you Mr. FishDuck!

Thanks for bringing this Forum back, Mr Fishduck!  “U da Duck!”

Hey!  Ducks are No. 3 in the Country!  Despite Cristobal’s offensive deficiencies!  Not too shabby, huh?  Actually: pretty durn exciting, no?

The more things change.............................the more they stay the same?

Thanks for bringing OBD Forum back Charles!

Have you all noticed the number of comments in the articles lately?

On 9/29/2021 at 8:37 PM, Duckdude said:

Ducks are No. 3 in the Country!  Despite Cristobal’s offensive deficiencies!  Not too shabby, huh?

I gotta admit that with all the flaws...it is amazing.  So much upside!

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, ICamel said:

Have you all noticed the number of comments in the articles lately?

Yep, and it was putting pressure on me, because when you average over 100 comments a day from Saturday through Tuesday--it means this community is SO READY for a forum where everyone is safe to post what they want.

Great to see you!

Mr. FishDuck

This is fantastic!  Thanks Charles!  Go Ducks!!

Thanks Charles

I appreciate having a safe forum instead of the usual forearm.

Go Ducks

On 10/1/2021 at 5:19 PM, nw777b said:

I appreciate having a safe forum instead of the usual forearm.

Thanks, and I had no idea how valuable it would be until late today!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Glad to have this forum. I'm an original eDucker that has missed good old Duck interactions and info. Thank you very much.

GO DUCKS!!!

To ring in 2022, and the start of a new chapter of Duck football, thought I’d throw-out a Robert Frost quote that I feel catches the spirit of what makes the FishDuck Forum click: “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence,”

And that’s what the simple rules of the forum do — allow us all to learn — to educate ourselves —  to be more civil with one another in pursuit of the thing we all share in common: Our Beloved Ducks.

Thanks again Charles for providing us with this wonderful platform on which to share our common love and interest. 

Happy New Year, and GO DUCKS!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2