NJDuck

Landon Bell the Second Prospect this Week to Open up their Recruitment after Committing to Washington

Washington has one verbal commit now for the 2024 recruiting class as they are set to host a number of top prospects the next two weekends.

On Monday, Garfield quarterback EJ Caminong announced via social networks his intention to open up his commitment after having been verbally committed to the hometown Washington Huskies since the end of October.

And Wednesday the Huskies saw another prospect reopen his recruiting process after having been committed to UW for the last nine months. Receiver Landon Bell from Henderson, Nev. announced his decision via his social networks.

247SPORTS.COM

Washington has one verbal commit now for the 2024 recruiting class as they are set to host a number of top prospects the next two weekends.

• Haha 1

Good gosh...look at his offer list! It is not like Oregon, USC, Alabama, etc. came along and offered.  No...he is leaving Washington for Arizona, Colorado, Colorado State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV with his best offer from Michigan State?

Huskies Really Have

Their Eye on the Prize...

giphy.gif

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

When DeBoer was hired, I was pretty surprised.  I knew he was a great X's and O's coach but his career is littered with stops at smaller schools at the FCS and Group of Five level, which means he doesn't have any great recruiting connections.  It's painfully showing right now.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Let's trot out the usual excuses...

• Not our kind of guy.

• Didn't really want him anyway.

• Can't pay as much as Uncle Phil.

• Aliens are kidnapping our recruits.

On 6/15/2023 at 8:20 PM, jrw said:

Let's trot out the usual excuses...

• Not our kind of guy.

• Didn't really want him anyway.

• Can't pay as much as Uncle Phil.

• Aliens are kidnapping our recruits.

Love it! But how about we don't recruit against Oregon because we are in Stanford's academic time zone?

UW would have been far better off if Lake had been beamed up by aliens before he took the job. And this can't help Jen Cohen's shot at scoring the SC job.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, kirklandduck said:

...he doesn't have any great recruiting connections.  It's painfully showing right now.

...and it pains me terribly!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Washington did well with the portal last year. But I don't think a program entirely built off the portal is sustainable. 

Sure, get key pieces to fix areas of need.

Washington fans should be nervous... Need to still build a program with some high school recruits.