Charles Fischer

Cool. Fox Crader Got Elevated to 4-Star!

The word from many when he verballed to Oregon was that he is very athletic, and will move from 3-Star to 4-Star on all the recruiting rankings later.  Well, on the tougher Rivals rankings he just has, and after he verballed to us--a flurry of teams offered him, and he has stuck with us.  His upside was recognized, and thus has been offered by Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas ATM, USC and Washington.

This makes Oregon's recruiting class of 16 have 75%, or 12 of the 16 as 4/5-Star players, and we have a long ways to go!

Fox CRADER (@caedmonfox) / Twitter

P.S. Did I tell you he is from the State of Washington?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I hope he sticks with us.

As one noted philosopher once said, "It ain't over til it's over."

• Applause 1

Yet again (since we all seem to need reminding of this on a regular basis), it’s not the dazzle of media stars that matter, but the relationship between high school student athletes and mentoring assistant coaches. 

• Thumbs Up 3

For perspective?  The BEST that both Mike Bellotti, or Chip Kelly did in the final analysis of their classes was 12 of the 4/5-Star players in one year. (Rivals)  Again...this is after the final February signing date.

By contrast, Dan Lanning beat that in his first year (last year) with 16 of the 4/5-Star players, and has 12 of them in mid-June is all?  He is going for the record of 19 of the 4/5-Star players set by Cristobal, and I think he will achieve it!

Dan Lanning by Pac12 Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/16/2023 at 10:06 AM, Charles Fischer said:

For perspective?  The BEST that both Mike Bellotti, or Chip Kelly did in the final analysis of their classes was 12 of the 4/5-Star players in one year. (Rivals)  Again...this is after the final February signing date.

By contrast, Dan Lanning beat that in his first year (last year) with 16 of the 4/5-Star players, and has 12 of them in mid-June is all?  He is going for the record of 19 of the 4/5-Star players set by Cristobal, and I think he will achieve it!

Dan Lanning by Pac12 Video.jpg

I'm glad that you mentioned this... Because a couple years ago I wrote an article about how the state of Washington was a no y zone for Ducks recruiting. 

FISHDUCK.COM

When J.T. Tuimoloau, a five-star recruit out of the state of Washington, announced Oregon as one of his...

Yeah I wrote it after JTT went to Ohio State instead of Oregon so that was before the 2021 season. But a bunch of other Oregon communities started to bring up the point that Oregon couldn't seem to land recruits out of Washington after I wrote the article. 

Lanning has done a supurb job in breaking into the state and really making it an extension of Oregon's backyard. 

On another note... One of the football coaches at the school I work was recently at a camp where there were some Duck coaches and I believe Trent Furguson was there too and he looked like a monster. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the bump at some point as well.

• Thumbs Up 1