Charles Fischer

Five Duck Freshmen Who Will START This Fall?

Boy, I don't know about that.  I love the energy, but he says we have the next Adrian Peterson?  🙄  I see Cole Martin and A'mauri Washington getting some good playing time...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Well, wow!

Dont know enough about any of these young, talented freshmen, at this point.

I hope they all push the veteran starters to the top of their game. This simply makes our Ducks better.

Was refreshing to hear someone say something positive about our Ducks, especially about actual football.

Go Ducks........

• Thumbs Up 1

This guy has sales talent for sure. I’m buying until he is proven wrong. Whether or not any of these guys play much is going to be all about the coaches. If he is 20% correct that would be fantastic.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 6/27/2023 at 7:40 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I love the energy, but he says we have the next Adrian Peterson?

Too much over the top excitement for my tastes.  Plus a couple of things tell me he isn't looking at the whole picture.  Pleasant, Dickey, & Cozart could start due to the fact those positions are less that set in stone.  Dowdell & Novosad though will be hard pressed to surpass Bucky & Nix.  Also his comment about Lanning killing the last couple years in recruiting. Lanning had to fill holes last year in a short time, and this year is not over. 

If he is right with his enthusiasm about one of the guys he touts we are going to love this class. I tend to lean toward his assessment of the wide receivers, but would love to see the qb, rb prediction he makes.

Novosad is Stein's guy so it will be interesting to see how he plays out this season and next. I tend to wonder just how much a freshman can play when the guy in front of him is in the discussion for the Heisman. My enthusiasm isn't as high as this pundit, this season.

Dowdell has the attributes discussed, but we will see if that translates to having an impact as a freshman. If he takes over Jordon James touches then we might get to see the future. We also have a RB coach who lets the hot hand go, so who knows. We had a RB by committee and then Bucky came out of top. Dowdell may get his shot, and it will be fun to watch if he too wins out and makes a big impact, would love to see it.

At receiver I tend to agree with his assessment. The guys coming in have the potential to be like few we have seen in the past. The whole group is going to be something to keep an eye on, and will undoubtedly have a few transfers after the season. Crazy talent at wideout, and the freshman are the wildcards as to how good they will be at the college level.

Love the excitement as we approach fall practices. Is August really fall, excited to see as we start it up.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1

Is August really fall?  Right now I'm wondering if late June is really summer...dog dish frozen in the mornings, heater on.  But this week supposed to go 90's and just the thought of the talent coming in fires me up plenty.  9 weeks!!!