Charles Fischer

FOR REAL: The Best Part of Being an Oregon Fan?

Is that at 7:00 PM on ESPNU the Ducks play Stanford in Mens Basketball!

Flush out the football for tonight and enjoy more Oregon winning...because Our Beloved Ducks won!

Mr. FishDuck

Flush, rinse and repeat, until the handle falls off!!!!

We can't complain too much as we are the Pac-12 Champions and eleven other teams would love to have that title; when you consider all the sports--we do a lot of winning!

Mr. FishDuck

Hey, actually even better. In case you don't have ESPNU, the game is now on ESPN2, as soon as Gonzaga finnishes beating San Francisco

That was fun, It was shaky for a while, the Ducks couldn't buy a basket. But the D kept them in the game. They finally got their biggest lead, 2. Then it got a bit bigger, Duarte and Ommayuri heated up, along with #12, LJ Figueroa, and pulled away, winning by 16, 73-56. 

The worst part of that game was listening to Bill Walton go into irrelevant topics while a real game was going on.  Very little analysis or commentary beyond what we could see ourselves, and for the first time ever--I muted it.  Chris Duarte was on fire when we needed it!

Mr. FishDuck

For me, the highlight play of the game came with 13 minutes left in the second half. LJ Figueroa launches a 3 point attempt from straight on. LJ senses that it isn't going in, so you see him charging down the center of the lane, elevate and grab the ball as it bounces off the front of the rim and slam it back in.

1 hour ago, Charles Fischer said:

The worst part of that game was listening to Bill Walton go into irrelevant topics while a real game was going on.  Very little analysis or commentary beyond what we could see ourselves, and for the first time ever--I muted it.  Chris Duarte was on fire when we needed it!

I do the same thing with Walton!! I can only take so much. 

13 hours ago, ICamel said:

For me, the highlight play of the game came with 13 minutes left in the second half. LJ Figueroa launches a 3 point attempt from straight on. LJ senses that it isn't going in, so you see him charging down the center of the lane, elevate and grab the ball as it bounces off the front of the rim and slam it back in.

At least The B-ball teams are doing very well!!

And come spring we will all be excited about spring ball, anyone know which freshman will be available to practice. Herbert won the staring job and missed spring practice, but it would be nice to see Thompson start the competition early.

My concern with the football program are still there, but it is time to move on. I truly think we are one player away from being extremely competitive once again.

16 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

I am an old school dead head I guess so I don't mind Walton's trips down memory lane. He brings something different to the commentator position. I do agree it's not often on topic but with my background as an Oregon kid growing up in the sticks with hippy parents it suits me just fine.

1 minute ago, C J said:

I am an old school dead head I guess so I don't mind Walton's trips down memory lane. He brings something different to the commentator position. I do agree it's not often on topic but with my background as an Oregon kid growing up in the sticks with hippy parents it suits me just fine.

Some occasional divergence from the game is fine, but it seems at times he is looking for anything to talk about other than the game. (Have you been to Germany Roxy?) (??!) I especially do not like the way he would pick on his other colleague Dave, and the way he started out doing so with Roxy.  But Roxy was able to deflect a lot of it back, (what do you think about that Bill?) and during the whole back-and-forth episode there was a game with amazing plays happening and they reported it only in the most superficial way.

But for those that like him--good for you, and I have the "mute" button, so we're all good!

Mr. FishDuck

2 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

Some occasional divergence from the game is fine, but it seems at times he is looking for anything to talk about other than the game. (Have you been to Germany Roxy?) (??!) I especially do not like the way he would pick on his other colleague Dave, and the way he started out doing so with Roxy.  But Roxy was able to deflect a lot of it back, (what do you think about that Bill?) and during the whole back-and-forth episode there was a game with amazing plays happening and they reported it only in the most superficial way.

But for those that like him--good for you, and I have the "mute" button, so we're all good!

I hear you on being excessive with it in the game last night. I think he could definitely tone it down. I am biased about Walton though because culturally there aren't a lot of folks in sports commentary I can relate with and he is one of them.