Charles Fischer

Report: Oregon Board of Trustees to Hold 'Ad-Hoc' Meeting Thursday

If Oregon kills the PAC-12, especially after apparently lying to the other members, I may not be an Oregon fan anymore. 

On 7/26/2023 at 7:39 PM, lownslowav8r said:

If Oregon kills the PAC-12, especially after apparently lying to the other members, I may not be an Oregon fan anymore. 

You are making assumptions without knowing any of the background information.  How do we know whether or not the media deal fell apart in the last few days?  What if the league was not working with Oregon on key points, or could not follow through with what was agreed upon?  What if GK lied to Oregon?  

Regardless...we will go on here...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Thinking of the Brutus-Duck post. That would indicate foreknowledge. If Colorado is gone, this just sucks. 

Good summary of options. Sorry about source but seems reasonable. 

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

.@BuffaloesWire is covering the CU #Big12 story. We & @Ducks_Wire are wondering what George Kliavkoff will do...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:39 PM, lownslowav8r said:

I have 0.00% ill will towards USC and UCLA for leaving for the B1G. It was an excellent decision for their future. I do think it's quite unfortunate that Oregon did not get asked to the party as well.

As for now, I would be thrilled if Oregon and Washington accepted peanuts to go to the B1G. I would not feel sorry for the Beavers or the rest of the Pac.

I do think going to the BIG-12 would be a mistake, though. I guess we could go and then bail again once the B1G comes a calling.

I don't see any scenario going forward where Oregon could be the bad guy. I also think CU leaving was absolutely the correct decision for them.

Edited by 2002duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just get.......... thinking about the stuff you guys discuss here about the movements, none movements and nonsense.......

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

What a bunch of nonsense.  Losing Colorado and Arizona would not be the end of the conference, as SMU is better at football than Colorado, and SDST is better at football AND basketball than Arizona.

Pac 12 Logo_video.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

• Wow 2

Mr. FishDuck

Captain Kliavkoff seems to have completely lost control of the ship and it’s every PAC 12 school for itself. It makes me wonder how close Kliavkoff truly was to closing the media rights deal; clearly, not nearly close enough. The next 24 hours promise to be interesting for we fans who hold the Conference of Champions near and dear to our hearts. I’m really hoping a way is found to save The Pac 12. It’s looking more and more like it’s going to take a real and true miracle.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 1