Pennsylvania Duck

Arizona Board of Regents Meeting 8/3/23

Well we’ll have an answer soon. I’m doubtful the Apple contract in its initial stages will match what Arizona can get by moving and so they will be gone. 

So far....all rumors.....but......Oregon is looking good. 

We'll see what Arizona has to say tomorrow. 

I don't see the Apple deal as being attractive unless there is more to come. Arizona probably knows what to expect. 

Either way......it looks like Oregon is going to land in a good spot. 

Again, if Oregon goes BIG I hope they bring Stanford, Cal and Wash. That allows 3 ooc at home or near including Or St, 5 against the old pac teams, and two trips to the east with a bye or two cushioning the travel. Not bad at all.  

• Thumbs Up 1

UA is gone, which will open the floodgates and that will signal the end of the conference.

On 8/3/2023 at 12:03 PM, fred flintstone said:

Again, if Oregon goes BIG I hope they bring Stanford, Cal and Wash. That allows 3 ooc at home or near including Or St, 5 against the old pac teams, and two trips to the east with a bye or two cushioning the travel. Not bad at all.  

This would be my hope as well. It would preserve traditional rivalries, while adding some intriguing new match-ups and cutting down on travel.  

Oregon and Washington could schedule annual home-and-home with the state schools to preserve those rivalries. 

I guess will see if this comes out to be true.  After what we know of the new media deal, I'm sure this will be true.

As much as we were hopeful the the Pac-12 would have been able to put together a great deal, but sadly they didn't.  Hopefully an offer can't come soon enough for Oregon to leave for the Big Ten.

ASU appears closer than ever to leaving the Pac-12 and joining the Big XII

The Pac-12's meeting of its remaining nine university leaders that took place on Tuesday, August 1st, presented the proposed media deal for the conference. The low financial expectations of that agreement were sadly confirmed at that time, the same expectations that forced the University of Colorado's decision last week to leave for the Big 12 conference. Any voices who claimed that action in Boulder to be one of haste have undoubtedly been muted this week and for a good reason.

As we learned throughout Wednesday from individuals with knowledge of the situation, three of the Buffs' old Pac-12 South foes are poised to follow suit and are planning, as of July of 2024 to make the Big 12 their destination as well. Arizona State, the University of Arizona, and the University of Utah are resolute in their decision to leave the Pac-12, and the Big 12 is expected to vote on those school additions in the next 48 hours.

ARIZONASTATE.RIVALS.COM

Both Arizona in-state schools and Utah poised to be the next Pac-12 schools to join Colorado in their new league

Realignment Intel: The Pac-12's final cry; Clemson, FSU go stir-crazy

The future of the Pac-12 as a viable conference will be determined by the end of the week as the conference tries to fend off vultures from the Big 12 and Big Ten over the next 48 hours. The imminent threat is the Big 12, which is hopeful it will land Arizona and Arizona State as early as Friday, sources told 247Sports.

The board of regents representing Arizona and Arizona State is scheduled to meet Thursday at 6 p.m. PT to discuss conference membership, and Arizona president Robert Robbins and Arizona State president Michael Crow will be in attendance.

It is possible a decision on whether to remain in the Pac-12 will not be made Thursday night, sources told 247Sports, but some finality is more likely to occur.

247SPORTS.COM

The most tumultuous week in conference realignment is here as the future of the Pac-12 hangs in the balance. Meanwhile, the Big...