Charles Fischer

OBD Members: This is TERRIBLE and...

My Duck-Buddies,

I do not know how any of you can endure the long loading times of the pages, and the "origin error" that comes up often.  You cannot imagine how frustrated and angry I am with this--and my help is not available for another eight days at an unexpected time of very high traffic.  It really pisses me off...

So, as frustrating it is to you--I promise you that I am even more so.  I was telling NJDuck this, and felt I should share it with everyone...the site breaks even, but it does so over time from the ads.  So I get a big bill and gradually pay off the FishDuck Credit card that site expenses are on.  Currently, I have a $2,000+ bill, but it should be paid off gradually over the football season.

But now I will make it an even tighter margin for paying bills.

I am going to go for a separate dedicated server, and not a server that is shared.  It will double my hosting costs, and I will cross my fingers that it works out in terms of paying the bills.  But it is the only way to have lightning fast loading--which is what we all want.

I have had many ask about a donation button, and this is "on-the-list" of things to be done.  But you can donate by going to this page, and scrolling down to the "Donate" button.

I, and thousands others thank you.  It will go to the costs of the site, guaranteed. I love this community and want to treat it better, and wish I did not have to ask...

My thanks,

Charles

Oregon Poster 2_ESPN Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Charles,

You need a wonderfully bright yellow DONATE button to that link somewhere easy to access on the front page where it is in everyone's face.

And we put up with the load times because it's worth it for this site.

So make it easier for people to give you money by not hiding the button away.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Though adding a donate button here might help, I was easily able to find the old one. It’s where. Charles said it is, and links to my account. 

Thank you Charles!

• Thanks 1

Is there a possibility the ads will leave if the donate button works well enough? I must admit that some of the ads of teeth etc are a bit disturbing 🤣🤣🤣

On 8/5/2023 at 5:13 PM, Wrathis said:

Is there a possibility the ads will leave if the donate button works well enough? I must admit that some of the ads of teeth etc are a bit disturbing 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, but the ad income is far beyond anything I would get from donations.  But frankly--these donations do help me pay for a dedicated server that can make pages load fast and thus the site could be snappy.  Much more fun and easier for all...

But the problem is double the hosting cost.  OBD readers and members have been generous and helped, and if anyone else can to make this GREEN REFUGE even more special--please do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Are you currently using a service like Azure?

On 8/6/2023 at 8:39 AM, CalBear95 said:

Are you currently using a service like Azure?

Let's do this by email.  charles@fishduck.com  Thanks.

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/5/2023 at 5:13 PM, Wrathis said:

You think that is bad ... Earlier this year I was getting ads for Beavers tickets! 

So much orange and black in this green refuge. It was hideous! 

• Haha 2

Since you warned us about the slow download times, they did not bother me at all on Friday. This was my go to site on Friday to get up to the minute updates on a very crazy day. I greatly appreciated you providing the many many updates. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, JB89 said:

Since you warned us about the slow download times, they did not bother me at all on Friday. This was my go to site on Friday to get up to the minute updates on a very crazy day. I greatly appreciated you providing the many many updates. 

It is kind of you to be so patient, but it drives most of us crazy.

With a server that is exclusively for use--we will get fast loading times soon.  (Thanks to the donations of many readers and members)

Mr. FishDuck