Steven A

Three Ducks Make Bruce Feldman's Freak List

No.s 4, 13 &51

247SPORTS.COM

Tuesday morning brought cheer amongst the college football crowd as Bruce Feldman of The Athletic dropped his "freaks" list, recognizing the game's top 101 athletes. Three Ducks made the...

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good and seems to have a little more to it than just SPARQ scores. I remember a few guys who came to Oregon with off the chart SPARQ scores, but never amounted to much.

I would say the guy who still has question marks is Devon, but his numbers are off the chart. Can our freaks, freakout the season is the question?

Burch and Dorlus are NFL level talents who just need to put together solid seasons. If they do then they are writing themselves some nice checks at the next level.

Devon could develop into a force, if his numbers can be added up to output. Is he a SPARQ type high score guy or is he a football freak, that is the question.

All on the defense side of the ball. Thats a good sign Ducks D should be much improved. On paper anyway.

If Popo hadn't missed last year, he would be top 25 on the list. Dude was all P12 the year before I think. Popo is going to surprise a lot of folks.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Casey Rodgers benched 505?

Holy cow. That is Haloti Ngata and Igor Olshansky territory (and I believe would be top 5 all time in Duck strength and conditioning bench lore).

A guy (who I thought) really came on a bit towards the close of the season. There have been a number of years (reported) that the whole Duck squad only had about a handful of 400 pound bench pressers. Of course, the Duck football all-time leader in the bench press was a guy (whose name escapes me) benched something crazy like 585 in a tested powerlifting event prior to enrolling at Oregon ... only played something like 10 snaps in his one year in a Duck uniform.

Edited by AnotherOD

Ok. It came to me. It was 540 pounds and Brandon Tett in 2010 and Arizona Western CC. Spent two years in the arena league and two in Canada. Gresham Oregon kid. Number 95.

Edited by AnotherOD