Charles Fischer

Portland State: As First Game is Perfect?

You know, if you play a Portland State later in the season after you have had tough games, with more tough ones to follow--a PSU game seems like a let-down.

But when it is the FIRST game, and we are frothing-at-the-mouth for football...."yeah I'll eat up a Portland State game!"  Having them first after waiting for football for so long is perfect to me.

Terrance Ferguson by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter (2).jpg

My Duck-Buddies....because of my prior arthritic back condition--this will be the first game in five years where I can walk into Autzen stadium and soak up Oregon football.  To make a long story short--I could not get up out of a chair and walk a few steps back in January without incredible pain.  (I have been dealing with this for years)

Now, due to a change in diet and supplements I had never heard of before--my back pain is 90% gone.  All this from what I am eating/taking in, and not eating.  Crazy, and the doctors were no help.  But I am grateful to our creator for guiding me to solutions, and one of the benefits is going to a couple of Duck games this fall.

Writer David Marsh and I will be on the 35 yard line soaking in the wonder of Oregon football.  I cannot wait, and I am so very thankful for something as simple as walking a half mile...

• Cool 2
  • Applause 7
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Welcome home

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2023 at 8:51 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You know, if you play a Portland State later in the season after you have had tough games, with more tough ones to follow--a PSU game seems like a let-down.

But when it is the FIRST game, and we are frothing-at-the-mouth for football...."yeah I'll eat up a Portland State game!"  Having them first after waiting for football for so long is perfect to me.

Terrance Ferguson by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter (2).jpg

My Duck-Buddies....because of my prior arthritic back condition--this will be the first game in five years where I can walk into Autzen stadium and soak up Oregon football.  To make a long story short--I could not get up out of a chair and walk a few steps back in January without incredible pain.  (I have been dealing with this for years)

Now, due to a change in diet and supplements I had never heard of before--my back pain is 90% gone.  All this from what I am eating/taking in, and not eating.  Crazy, and the doctors were no help.  But I am grateful to our creator for guiding me to solutions, and one of the benefits is going to a couple of Duck games this fall.

Writer David Marsh and I will be on the 35 yard line soaking in the wonder of Oregon football.  I cannot wait, and I am so very thankful for something as simple as walking a half mile...

Rob, please cancel all scheduled road games, at Boise and Utah St. to be played at the home of these G5 teams. A B1G team should not be going on the road to play P5 opponents. Ohio State plays Toledo in Columbus and not in the Glass Bowl. Going to Hawaii I get for recruiting purposes and for adding a 13th game to be played in Autzen. That's it.

Why play B12 teams Baylor and Oklahoma State? Win the B1G and 1 game vs. an FCS school (if the B1G so allows) and 2 versus G5 opponents, will not prevent a playoff appearance. Play P4 opponents in the conference and in the playoff.

Of course, the B1G might go to 10 conference games which means playing any P4 opponent OOC would be a bad move. Playing 7 games (2 G5 opponents in Autzen and 5 conference games) = Bank.

Charles, I'm so happy that you will be able to attend the game in person! Who buys the hotdogs? You or Marsh?

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2023 at 6:08 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Charles, I'm so happy that you will be able to attend the game in person! Who buys the hotdogs? You or Marsh?

Well, that might be my dime since he is a volunteer writer!

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/1/2023 at 5:51 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Looking forward to it tomorrow. 

Best reason to get up early is for a Duck game. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been a while since I started tailgating before 10:00 a.m.

• Thumbs Up 1

We are rejoicing with you Charles!! 🥳  What a life changing path of victory you are now experiencing with such wonderful results!!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Charles, have a great time in an amazing venue!  And then do it again and again and again …

Go Ducks!!!

Vai Patos!!! (I’ve started to learn Portuguese)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1