Haywarduck

Most Impressive Teams In September?

Seems like the dawgs use to revel in winning preseason accolades. Now the dawgs, along with the buffs are September darlings. In both scenarios it doesn't matter that much what you do preseason, or in September.

Silly dawgs, all that matters is what is done as the season grinds to a close. Maybe I shouldn't look too far ahead, but October and beyond can't come quick enough.

381174279_705789268260690_3484449695894330758_n.jpg

I gotta agree with Washington at the top. The meat of the schedule is coming up, so we'll get to see how good they really are. Florida State looked good week one, but very shaky the last two weeks. That kind of knocks them down imo.

I would say Texas is my number two, Oregon is my number three, Washington State is four, Ohio State is five. That's based off how they've looked, who've they beaten, and who they've got. Obviously Washington State doesn't have who Georgia does, but they've beaten Wisconsin and Oregon State. Ohio State hasn't looked great offensively, but they have NFL guys everywhere, and won at Notre Dame , playing "tough". Texas, Washington, and Oregon are top three. All have first round QB's, play physically tough on both sides, and have beaten down everything in their path.

Georgia,USC, Penn State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Miami are just behind the five I noted. 

• Go Ducks! 1

With the way their schedule concludes, DeBoer has to be hoping everyone has had their rabies and distemper shots.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

UW has historically not played well in the desert. I hope de Laura can play. I think this game could be closer than UW -18.5.

I'm going with Texas here. FSU has been impressive but Clemson handed FSU the game last week. 

Texas' win at Baylor was one of the few times in recent seasons that UT has not played down to B12 competition on the road.

Next week's Red River Rivalry game will tell us a lot about both UT and Oklahoma.

Best teams in September...

about as relevant as picking CFB national champion based on spring games!

While getting a good start to any season is invaluable, beating up on soft teams is meaningless.

So that's a perfect list for the blowhards at espn.

Biggest surprise to me is Duke. I didn't realize they even played football.

I guess we will see tonight against Notre Dame if they are for real.

For me, the season really starts 10/14.