Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks vs Washington Will be 12:30 PT on ABC

Game time announced for top-10 showdown between Oregon and Washington

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It’s a marquee slot for this top-10 matchup on ABC for the Oregon Ducks vs. Washington Huskies in Week 7.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Prime time baby....for the Ducks!

Terrance Ferguson TD_Eric Evans of Oregon Football X Account.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Good chance this could be the location for College Game Day. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I hope a lot of Duck fans show up!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/2/2023 at 1:12 PM, Annie said:

I hope a lot of Duck fans show up!

I was thinking the same thing.  Go Ducks!

Canzano: Oregon-Washington gets two weeks of hype

Kenny Wheaton's phone is about to ring.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Kenny Wheaton's phone is about to ring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will Oregon vs. Washington be the ESPN College GameDay location in Week 7?

We had an idea before the 2023 college football season that this was a possibility, and after seeing both teams on the field for a couple of weeks, there was a good feeling that this could actually happen.

Now, as the No. 8 Washington Huskies and No. 9 Oregon Ducks get set to square off after the bye week, we can officially ask the question — will Seattle be host to ESPN’s College GameDay in Week 7 for this matchup that will likely be one of the biggest games of the year?

It’s a fair question to ask. Neither the Ducks nor the Huskies have been featured on the show yet, but they are both undoubtedly among the best teams in the nation.

Let’s take a look at the top marquee games in Week 7 and try to determine where GameDay will land...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Will ESPN’s College GameDay head up to Seattle for Oregon vs. Washington? We take a look at the slate of games to determine...

On 10/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I would have to believe that this will increase the odds of College GameDay, as I'm sure that ESPN would prefer to advertise for a game on its sister network ABC. 

And, if I am reading this correctly, Washington has never won a game when hosting ESPN College GameDay (0-2) with one of the losses coming to Oregon 10 years ago (45-24).  The other loss came to USC, when Washington was ranked #4.  Let's repeat history!!!

WWW.NCAA.COM

ESPN's College GameDay pre-game show goes to a different location every week to preview the week's college football action. Find the complete list of locations, schools, appearances and fun facts here.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

One old man on the right coast says Thank You, ABC!

I should at least be able to make it through the 1st half.

• Mic drop 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Prime time baby....for the Ducks!

Terrance Ferguson TD_Eric Evans of Oregon Football X Account.jpg

College GameDay. If Rece and friends are not in Seattle where will they be? South Bend for a 3rd Notre Dame game of the year? This would mean beatification for Lee Corso.

But, Mickey is pinching pennies and South Bend is a whole lot closer to Bristol, CT than Seattle. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I definitely think they SHOULD be in Seattle for the Oregon vs. Washington.  The other side of that coin is that Oregon could be featured on Gameday for any 4 of their next 5 games.

The other hot spot in Week 7 could be Chapel Hill, NC where Miami at North Carolina could be an undefeated showdown.  Not sure if/when Gameday has been to Chapel Hill and it gives them a chance to hype Drake Maye.  We are always up against an east coast bias, but to make matters worse, it's a 7am vs 10am start time for everyone involved.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:20 PM, mikethehiker said:

I definitely think they SHOULD be in Seattle for the Oregon vs. Washington.  The other side of that coin is that Oregon could be featured on Gameday for any 4 of their next 5 games.

The other hot spot in Week 7 could be Chapel Hill, NC where Miami at North Carolina could be an undefeated showdown.  Not sure if/when Gameday has been to Chapel Hill and it gives them a chance to hype Drake Maye.  We are always up against an east coast bias, but to make matters worse, it's a 7am vs 10am start time for everyone involved.

GameDay has been to UNC. The game on Disney affiliate ABC at 3:30 Eastern should be an incentive for Rece et al to be in Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 1