Charles Fischer

Khyree Jackson Practiced, or Was That CODE to the Huskies?

It is highly unusual for Dan Lanning to give us an update on an injury--considering the recent past in that department.  He said Jackson was practicing and "had a good day."

Keep in mind that the media were not there to see who was, or was not practicing. Isn't it strange that he was so open about the injury?  Like he was talking to the Washington coaching staff?  What was he saying or not saying?

Don't get me wrong--this is FANTASTIC news that he is OK, that is, if he is? I think our corners who came in (Nikko Reed and Jahlil Florence) did super without any let-down.  We know that Coach Lanning is pretty calculated on everything. If he says something or omits it--there is a purpose.

Or do I have too much time on my hands, and am reading too much into it?

I know in this case....he did take it personal.

Yeah, he took it personal_Screenshot from ESPN Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Based on what I heard from some Oregon people who saw him on the sideline in the second half and then post game , the word was he was 'fine'.  That's of course subjective but maybe he did practice today. 

Hard to read much into Dan's comments.  Just my observation.

Hope Jack gets back. But what is interesting regarding this D compared to 2022 is the D depth behind the starters.

The Oregon D's improvement is one of the best stories in 2023.

Now, keep it up against better competition.

• Thumbs Up 2

My opinion, Lanning doesn't say too much without a purpose.

Lanning is very calculated and careful in what he says. But I don't ever see him speaking a falsehood on purpose. 

If he says Khyree practiced, I believe he must have. Now the word "fine" and "well" are rather general.

My belief is KJ will be playing on 10/14.

And UW will have fewest passing yards if their season.

If you consider the audience rather than the source, it’s difficult to say how much impact such a deception might have on their offensive scheme. It might cause their plan to shift a bit from wherever KJ is, or emphasize routes and depths they feel have a higher percentage chance of success with him on the field.

But, the proven confidence they have in Penix’s throws overrides any of those concerns. I doubt if any additions or subtractions from our db group will trouble their offensive plan in the slightest. In other words, my feeling is DL is being straight up with his message.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 9:09 AM, DanLduck said:

And UW will have fewest passing yards if their season.

Yeah, Baby, Yeah!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

He looked to be in much better shape walking around on the sidelines at the end of the game after laboring in the first half. Easy decision to leave him out for the rest of the game. He stayed in full pads and celebrated with teammates after the game for quite a while. I asked Khyree if he was OK and he gave me a thumbs up FWIW. Video shows him walking comfortably. 

4D09DBE4-127E-4C0A-B9C2-64795A3392AD.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 1